fourteen

|Niccolo|

I had to double check this situation.
There she was.
Sitting next to me, her hair flipped to one side, an unreadable expression on her face.
I could tell she was trying to formulate what to say. Or if she was going to say anything or not.

"Why. Why did you do all this?" She finally said, running her hands through he hair angrily.

She was hot when she was mad.

Her angry eyes burned as she looked over at me.
"He was treating you unsafely". I shortly reply.

"You dumb fuck! You wanted nothing to do with me and then you act out like you care! You try to kiss me! Sure, we agreed that being strangers was better, so maybe that's why I feel like this wasn't a new thing for you!
Why? Why was I so stupid! I let you get to me! I let you slip into my head and now we are here! You damn Rossi!" She blurts, her face slightly red with anger.

I didn't know what to say with that one. Nothing logical, at least. "Well I wanted to see what the hype of your lips were all about. That's all".
I defend cooly, seeing her lips curl and her eyes filled with fury.

"It was a mistake! I was drunk and felt bad for you!" I shot.

"Fuck you! It's like you're jealous of Marco! All you do is kiss and screw girls like it's nothing! Like we're worthless! So much for being sorry for me for what happened! You're no different!" She explodes, standing up and walking to the opposite corner of the room. She held her head in her hands, trying to compose herself.

My heart shattered.
Does she really think that I'm that monster that hurt her?
I wouldn't dare.
I would never hurt her like that.
Is that what she really thinks of me?

"I-i"... I stammer, my voice raw from her words. "I don't think that about you."
I silently add, my hands balled into fists.
Her words rung in my head.
I can't leave this room knowing that she thinks that way of me.

I found myself standing up, and walking to her slowly. "I-i don't know what to say right now." I slip, standing in front of her. She stayed quiet.

I grabbed her hands. "What happened that night was something that was horrific and shouldn't have happened. But, you have to understand that I am not the person that hurt you. What happend last night was something unexplainable, but it was not at all close to what you edured that horrible night."

I say pleadingly, as her head slowly turns up to me. She takes her hands out of mine.

"I was just another thing for you to say you did. Last night was stupid and unexplainable and I hate so much that it happened". She says, her shoulder brushing past mine as she walked off to her desk.

Last night was weird.
It drove both of us crazy.

|Serena|

I walked to my desk and sat down. I kept my head on the desk.

I couldn't face him.
Why was this stupid shit bothering me?
Why did he feel the need to get close?
So he could say that he finally did it.
That he finally got Serena Leontia Aiello to break.
To be weak.
To be vulnerable.
To be raw.
To be honest.

And now I'm paying for it.
I hate him.
I fucking hate him.
That's what I keep repeating to myself.
I keep telling myself that.
And it's better that way.
It's safer.
It's better.
Now Marco hurry your ass up and start circling random answers that I know damn well you weren't gonna get right in the first place, and get over her.
Now.
I can't take this.
What's he gonna do next?
Make out with me and tell everyone he stepped further with the stone cold girl?
And something in me stopped me from stopping him if he were to do it.
Maybe I needed to account my feelings after that night instead of pretending it was fine.
It wasn't.

|Niccolo|

I could tell she was deep in thought.
That she was hating every home in my body.
Damn her stubbornness.
If she accounted her feelings from that night none of this would have happened.
She still would have hated me but for different reasons.
Not for kissing her.
Something in me knew that if Marco didn't get back here soon, I would find myself doing something I would regret.
If I were to do anything with her in this room, I knew deep down I wouldn't stop myself.
Something about her made me infuriated.
Made me crazy.
Like a hole that never closes.
A void.
And when Marco gets all close to her, I want her more.
I'm about to regret everything.

|Serena|

I heard footsteps approach me.
My body tensed.
He took a hand and pulled my chin up.
His thumb brushed over my lips.
I was about to protest, when he pulled our faces closer. He crouched down to my level.
"Look at me". He instructs.
I glanced at him.
And then we did something regretful.

Yeah. He kissed me.
And I don't know if I regret it yet.
And that's when Marco walked in.