nine

|Niccolo|

I should've kissed her when I had the chance.
It's not even that I love her.
I just wanted Marco knowing what's not his.

I finished shortly after she left, and went back to Virgina. I caught glances with Serena again. Her green eyes analyzed what I was thinking. The way she stood next to him. Next to someone who was so clearly not hers.

Not saying I loved her or anything. But Marco could never love her like I could. I'm just putting that out there.

|Serena|

Was he jealous? Because I sure felt something. Why did he pull me close out in the backyard? Why did he put out my cigarette and call me beautiful? He always attacked me. Never once did he actually say anything nice to me until tonight.

Did I really make that big of a transformation to the point where he genuinely thought I looked beautiful?

Was I really that ugly?

And why did I care so much anyway. He's stupidly taken and stupidly hot.

Marco pulled me next to him. "Did you see Niccolo outside?" He asks, like he knew the situation.

"Yeah. Just for a moment though". I say, trying to avert the topic. "He kissed you didn't he?" He says. Oh shit. Marco isn't dumb when it comes to tension. "Almost did. But it doesn't matter because it probably was just a bet or he wasn't thinking straight". I excuse.

"He loves you". Marco whispered lowly. "No he doesn't. Shut up". I snapped. "He's jealous of me. Only an idiot can't see that". Marco defends. "Whatever. He doesn't t love me. He loves attacking me but that's the extent of it. Trust me, I would know if he did". I assure, feeling more uncertain than I sounded.

"I need to fix my lipgloss." I say. "I'll help you". Marco says, eyeing Brando. Marco and I went to the bathroom. He leaned against the counter as I stood Infront of the mirror. "Niccolo and Virgina are truly sickening together. He could have anyone and he chose her?" I say, opening the tube.

"Someone sounds jealous". Marco says, looking over at me. "Im not jealous! Everyone can see that she's a bimbo with no personality." I defend, accidentally swiping some gloss on the side of my lip. Marco leaned close to me. His warm breath on my skin.

He reached out his hand and swiped his thumb on the swipe of gloss on my lip. "Thanks". I mutter. "Mhm". He says, stepping back a little. The door opened and it was Niccolo. We both turned out heads to him.

"Hooking up or something?" Niccolo sneers, seeing the closeness of Marco and I.  "No." I say coldly. "Huh really? I bet you two were about to have your first kiss. Virgin". He says to me. Oh, I was going to prove him wrong.

Without another word, I pulled Marco in by his tie and kissed him. Hard. Marco was surprised, but went along quickly. He out his hand on my jawline, tracing it lightly. We pulled away, and we looked over at Niccolo.

He had no words.

|Niccolo|

What the fuck. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. She actually kissed him. A stab to the heart. Someone so fucking gorgeous just kissed him. Literally the most attractive woman I've ever met just kissed somebody lower than low.

"Fair." I mange to say, before eyeing her and walking off. I walked back to Virgina, white faced. I saw the two enter back to the crowd, him leaning against the wall and her closely facing him. He extended his hand and swiped something off her face with his thumb. So close to her lips.

The lips he was lucky enough to kiss.