Ch.17 a mothers note

Vince's. Pov
It's been a few days. Rody has still been in the hospital. I'm not allowed to see him. I've kinda been bed ridden. Really only getting up to make the kids food. Diane, Dantie, and Belle have been taking care of the kids. Although Belle and Dantie have been rather distant from me. Diane has tried to cheer me up but nothing has work.

I'm worried sick for him. I don't know if I have lost the person I love. Let alone how the fuck he even is surviving this long. Belle has also been managing the restaurant for me. I don't feel like moving or getting up.

I started playing with Rodys engagement ring. It was the one thing we were able to convince the doctors to let me keep with me until he got better. I missed seeing him in my bed.

"Hey dad..." Ruby walked in with some food.

"I made some breakfast" she put the food on my end table and sat with me on the bed.

"Dad... what happened that night..." I didn't feel like I could explain this without crying. I held her hand only getting out a few words.

"I'll explain at a later time." I layed back down. It didn't feel right without him.

"Well this woman is here to see you."

"Ok. just tell her to come into my room. I'm sorry how I've been this past few days"

"Ok dad and it's ok..." Ruby leaves the room. I pulled the covers up and just played with the ring.

"Hey sweetie..." my mom walked in.

"Hi mom..." she sat down next to me. I still was under the covers not moving.

"I wanted to take you out for a drink." What? Out of everyone she normally doesn't say this stuff. I sat up and looked at her.

"No" I went back under the covers only for her to drag me out of bed.

"Vincent I wasn't asking now, get dressed" I hate it when she pulls the mother card. I get dressed and she takes me to a bar. This one was definitely more clean compared to the ones that me and Rody would go to. She pulled out a bar stool for me, I got wine while my mom got straight up Yeager.

"So why did you want to take me here?" I didn't even touch the wine. I felt unmotivated to do anything, nothing really felt worth doing.

"I want to talk about something that might make you feel better in compared to the lost you feel"

"Mom, I don't think that will make me feel better..." I picked up the wine and just started swirling it around.

"It might"

"Mom you probably don't even know how this feels let alone with a lover" her reaction was filled with sadness that she swallowed down with a drink of yeager.

"Actually I have... with your father" I froze for a second and a sense of dread hit me. My mother has never brought up my father so I always assumed he was just a fling and a victim of her that just happened to get close enough to have me. Although she always said he was never a husband of hers.

"Mom why are you bringing him up you never talked about him" she took my hand and squeezed it.

"Because it still hurts to talk about what happened but I think you should know..." I've never seen my mother like this. I decided to listen and hear what she had to say.

——30 years ago——
Lilith's (Vince's mother) pov.

I was on a boat back to France. My mother had me studying in England to straighten me out because I was unladylike. I really didn't get it. Honestly I didn't care about that stuff. I don't want to be some housewife that my mother wants me to be.