𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘀𝗶𝘅.

王国

────────────────────────────────

Leading Ronan to the bathroom where she had last given him his bath, (Y/N) unhooked his chain like usual before washing him, drying him, and prepping him the same as she did the last time. The only difference was that he gave her no trouble at all, merely snuffing when she massaged his fur too much, if she wasn't as gentle untangling him, or if she pressed too hard on his paws.

    But those instances were few and far between.

    "You're behaving very well..." (Y/N) murmured as she gave him one final brush to make sure his dark coat was smooth and silky before cleaning and putting everything away. "I'm sure His Majesty will be very pleased."

    Ronan merely bumped her hand with his head, a sign that he wanted to get on her good side.

    Running her fingers softly down his ears, staring at nothing and everything all at once, she shook out of her daze so she could snap his collar back into place and then hook his leash back on. Leading him down the grandiose hallways towards the even more magnificent dining hall where Duran would be eating breakfast, she unhooked his leash once more so he could rest on the lavish pillow that sat by the head of the table.

    "You, girl!" One of the servers rushed forward, looking quite frazzled.

    "Yes, sir?"

    "Are you the one that is assigned to help prep for His Majesty's meal?"

    "Yes, that is me."

    "Well, come on, then!" He grabbed her arm rather harshly as he practically dragged her into the kitchen where he loaded her up with trays filled with delicious smelling food, invigorating coffees, and polished cutlery that gleamed in the low lighting. "His Majesty is almost done dressing, so hurry unless you wish to be scolded!"

    (Y/N) gave a brief bow of her head before she did as she was asked, making sure that she walked slowly enough so that nothing fell, but with a quick enough pace that she wouldn't fall behind schedule. Since no one else would be dining with the King, she only had to set up one place setting, however the meal was rather elaborate for just him. Eggs, sausage, buttered bread, crispy bacon, a variety of fresh fruit, yogurts and grains, and finally a fresh cup of steaming coffee were all set out before the intricately designed plate and silverware.

    It was enough to make a rather disturbing feeling crawl through (Y/N)'s veins, but she stifled it just as quickly as it appeared.

    It does not matter.

    It does not matter in the slightest.

    Letting out a long and rather deep exhale of breath, she and the rest of the servers and maids stood off to the side of the room just as Duran entered the space, two guards on either side of him that then stationed themselves at the doors. (Y/N) caught one of them looking her way, but didn't bother to call attention to the fact when her gaze then connected with Duran's.

    He was dressed in a fine and rather expensive black suit with golden threads, clasps, and buckles as usual, a cape fluttering behind him with each step that he took, (Y/N ) not being able to help wondering why he seemed so fond of such dark colors. Sure, they were beautiful, but she always thought that being alone for so long in dark spaces only brought about misery and depression.

    She didn't question her new King, though.

    If she wanted to survive, she couldn't.

Duran flashed a brief smile at her before he sat down at the head of the table, bending down ever so briefly to give Ronan a small pat on the head. Picking up his fork and knife, he began to eat, the only sounds in the room being the clink of said utensils against his plate, most of the food barely being touched since so much of it was made. But as he moved to take a drink of his coffee, his nose wrinkled in distaste. Slamming the cup down so hard some of the liquid splashed out and the ceramic casing cracked, many of the servants in the room flinching at the sound, Duran scowled.

"What the hell is this?" He hummed, his hand gripping the cup even harder. "To think you would dare serve me such disgusting coffee... it makes me think that you don't even respect me."

"Please forgive us, Your Majesty!" The head server bowed down lowly.

"And why should I?"

"W-We will bring you a new cup of coffee that is sure to suit your tastes!" He spluttered, his fingers obviously trembling even from far away.

Duran's scowl deepened the longer he stared at the servant that was trying to hard to quell his anger, but when he glanced over the line of other servants and stopped at (Y/N), his expression smoothened ever so slightly when an idea suddenly came to the front of his mind. Leaning back in his chair and crossing his legs, he found himself entertained by the idea, and decided to go through with it.

"You, maid..." he gestured for (Y/N) to step forward, which she did. "My taste for coffee has thoroughly waned. Make some tea for me."

"Of course, Your Majesty," she bowed before stepping out of the room.

Then she sighed.

Tea?

I've made it before... but it's been a while.

Walking into the kitchen and informing the cooks of what was going on, (Y/N) thanked them when they whipped up everything that she needed to brew a cup for Duran. She stared at the tea leaves, at the pot that contained hot water, and the cup that she was supposed to pour it into. Luckily, her muscles knew of what to do, and with it being a tea that she had made before, she found the process much easier and much faster than she expected.

Picking up the tray that contained the now steaming cup, she presented it to Duran who found the smell rather pleasant.

Hm...

It seems that she brewed it properly...

But that doesn't necessarily mean that the taste will be good.

Gingerly placing the cup to his lips, Duran took a sip and was pleasantly surprised by the burst of flavor that spread across his tongue, the taste soothing and rather refreshing. He couldn't help but chuckle, wondering what (Y/N) was really capable of considering she had already tamed his wolf, never showed a hint of fear in his presence, and now presented her knowledge of how to make an excellent cup of tea.

"Wonderful," Duran smiled at (Y/N), a collective sigh of relief overcoming every servant at his shift in mood. "It would be nice to have you brew me tea every now and then, (Y/N)."

Her eyes narrowed.

"It would be my honor, Your Majesty."

⎡ 𝑻𝑶 𝑩𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑼𝑬𝑫 ⎦