𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

王国

────────────────────────────────

"You summoned me, Miss Delphine?" (Y/N) approached the woman before giving a small curtsy, wondering what had happened for her to be called so suddenly by the Head Maid. "If there are problems with my cleaning of Ronan, then I apologize in advance for not properly completing my duty."

    "That's not it," Delphine waved her words away.

    "Oh?"

    "His Majesty has submitted a formal document assigning you as his personal maid," she explained, a look of pity crossing her expression that graced deeply into her usual cold eyes. "Because of that, I am going to give you this red ribbon. It has only ever been reserved for personal maids, however His Majesty has never had or appointed one, so it's never been used." As she spoke, she handed over said red ribbon, the deep scarlet fabric looking almost like blood, then continuing, "There has also been changes in your boarding that you cannot refuse this time. You will no longer be staying in the maids' quarters, but will be moving to a room closer to His Majesty so you can assist him. Your daily chores will also now only be limited to doing whatever His Majesty has directly assigned you to do."

    "Pardon my asking... but what has made His Majesty come to such a decision?" (Y/N) asked with furrowed brows. "Not only am I war prisoner from Ushien, but I have only been here for almost two months. Wouldn't His Majesty prefer a more experienced maid than myself?"

    "I did not question his decision, nor should you," Delphine shook her head before handing out a sheet of paper. "This is a list of the King's usual schedule along with how he is usually served. Since you have been given the rest of this day off, I would study this sheet so you will not offend His Majesty tomorrow when you start working."

    "Of course, Miss Delphine," (Y/N) bowed her head and waited there until the older woman was gone.

    His personal maid?

    When did he decide this?

    And... why?

    With narrowed eyes, she turned around and almost abruptly was met with a man's chest, about a foot from running into him. Unfazed, she backed away until she could properly see that the person she had almost run into was Mr. Reinher, his expression an apologetic one.

    "Apologies, Miss (L/N), but I was called to escort you to your new room," he stated, his hands laced tightly behind his back.

    "Yes, Miss Delphine did mention that... however I am concerned."

    "Whatever for?"

"I do not believe that I have the experience nor capabilities to serve His Majesty like this," she shook her head, hoping that the decision would be overviewed again so she could wriggle herself free from Duran's rather suffocating grip. "I am but a recently captured prisoner of war. To have someone like me by his side would surely damage his reputation and credibility."

"He doesn't think so," Mr. Reinher shook his head, his lips quirking upward into a small smile. "Come. Pack your things and I will meet you in the main hall where I will escort you to your room."

    Letting out a small exhale of breath however doing as she was told, ignoring the curious glances from other maids as she carried out what little necessities she had, (Y/N) then met Mr. Reinher within the main hall and followed him down one of the hallways. What made her eyes narrow, though, was the fact that she was in the same hall where the King's bedroom was. Luckily, the room shown to her was small and less than grand, which meant it was designed for a lady-in-waiting or a personal maid, something she wished she wasn't.

Unpacking her things, a task that took less than a minute, she then sat down at the small desk that was in the room to glance over the paper that Delphine had given her.

KING'S SCHEDULE

1. Wake him and bathe him
↳ the bath water should be warm, his hair needs to be washed, a cream on his face, his nails filed, and his back massaged

2. Dress him
↳ hold out clothes and wait for him to pick

3. Serve him breakfast at 7 A.M.

4. Clean his entire room and change the sheets and pillows of his bed

5. Bathe Ronan

6. Serve him tea in his office at 1 P.M.

7. Serve him lunch at 2 P.M.

8. Accompany him to the throne room where he will be meeting with potential bridal candidates
↳ if there is an accident, clean it up

9. Serve him a snack whilst in the garden at 4 P.M.

10. Take Ronan for a walk

11. Wash and iron all of his clothes
↳ done every three days

12. Serve him dinner at 7 P.M.

13. Sit with him in his office while he works until he needs something
↳ usually asks for tea, coffee, or a snack
↳ if he asks you to do anything handling official and important documents, do so carefully

14. Bathe him

15. Dress him in his night clothes

(Y/N) sighed after she had read everything that she needed to do, knowing that more than half of the day would be spent by Duran's side. She was thankful, though, that Delphine has added what looked to be tidbits of useful information that she would need to complete each task that was given to her. None were too difficult, as she had already had a multitude of strenuous chores in the two months that she had been there, but it was really the task of bathing him that caught her attention.

She had never seen a man's body.

And she had never had an intimate relationship with anyone because for as long as she could remember, she had always been a maid.

It made her uneasy.

Placing the paper down on the desk, (Y/N) then moved to her new bed and sat down, marveling at the quality of the sheets and the softness of the pillows, laying down and letting out a rather tired yawn. Thinking about Duran and what she had to do was already draining all energy out of her, so she thought it no harm to doze off.

And as she closed her eyes, one last thought came to the front of her mind:

Why did he want me as his personal maid?

⎡ 𝑻𝑶 𝑩𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑼𝑬𝑫 ⎦