𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼.

王国

────────────────────────────────

(Y/N) stood next to Duran who was still in the throne room after meeting his potential bridal candidates. They had been escorted out to their provided rooms for the week that they would be visiting, however the man hadn't moved from his spot, instead looking quite deep in thought. She didn't mind this, however she had been standing for so long that she was starting to lose feeling in her feet, and this naturally resulted in minor movements from her.

    But he still caught them.

    "(Y/N), what do you think of my potential brides?" He finally questioned after several moments of silence, his dark eyes practically burning a hole through the carpet of the floor.

    "They seem to be very well-trained ladies," she answered, wondering why he always seemed to want her opinion regarding such topics.

    "They do, don't they?"

    So why?

    Why do I not want any of them?

    Rubbing the bridge of his nose in exasperation, feeling his mood souring exponentially, he went through the rest of his day in low spirits. With the pressure from the Cabinet to be married and the work from managing Ophnelia, he felt as if he couldn't breathe at times.

    But he knew this was inevitable.

    After disposing of his father to obtain the throne, he shouldn't have been complaining.

    But the whole situation still irked him.

    After a tense dinner with Helena, Zoha, Vivienne, and the other noble ladies, Duran bid them goodnight before then ascending the stairs with (Y/N) towards his own room, all energy practically drained from him. However, as soon as he was undressed and slipping into the warm water that was drawn for him, he instantly felt as if the tenseness in his muscles was all gone, a relief if anything.

    "How do you do it, (Y/N)?" Duran murmured as he closed his eyes, relaxing under her gentle touch.

    "Pardon, Your Majesty?"

    "You seem to execute every order and command I've given you with flawless perfection... it's making me almost not want to give you up for anything," he opened his eyes from the closed position they were in, craning his head back so he could meet her eyes, her hands that were massaging him stilling. "It's also making me wish that these moments together with you could last forever..."

    (Y/N) blinked.

    He seems a bit... different today.

    Is he really so against getting married to one of those noble ladies?