𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆.

王国

────────────────────────────────

    "It's nice to see you again, dear (Y/N)," Duran stated when seeing her walk into the dining room exactly as the clock struck seven, the allotted time where she would be serving him his dinner, not seeming to care at all for the other servants standing against the wall. "When you ran off so suddenly from my bedroom, I was so worried."

Most stiffened from his suggestive words.

(Y/N) didn't react.

She didn't even apologize like she usually did, having taken into account his distaste for that.

However, as she leaned away after setting his plate down, he reached his hand out and clasped her by the arm, pulling her back in so that she was now seated on his lap, his other hand firmly on her waist that didn't allow her to move. Duran closed his eyes as he hugged the girl closer, pressing his head against her chest and smiling when able to hear that no matter how hard she tried to hide her emotions, she couldn't hide how fast her heart was beating.

It made him giddy.

But when he opened his eyes, he noticed the servants around him staring in horror.

When they finally realized that he was staring back at them, all they felt was a slow dread pool in the pits of their stomachs. His eyes were cold, his expression frozen, looking at them as if they were nothing, like he could easily dispose of them if he wanted to.

And they realized that he very much could.

They then averted their gaze.

"Your Majesty... please, let me go," (Y/N) tried to wrench herself free from his hold, yet the more she struggled, the more his iron-like grip tightened. "This type of behavior is very inappropriate for someone like me to do. I have been lenient with such actions, however as we are in front of others, please reconsider your decisions."

"Why should I do that?" Duran smirked, looking at her as if it what she said was amusing.

"Your Majesty..."

"(Y/N), why don't you call me by name?" He asked, ignoring the way she pleaded for him to let her go, instead moving his attention to what he had been wanting from the start. "Every time you call me 'Your Majesty,' all I feel is you trying to separate us with a wall. I hate it. I don't want to ask this again, so, please, call me by name. Do that, and I just might consider letting you go."

She stared at him.

His lips twitched.

He wanted so badly to kiss her in that moment, loving the way she felt against him. His eyes lidded as he stared at her lips, a steady heat enveloping his cheeks as he let out a slow breath.