Chapter One: Potions Class

Before potions class began, I stood across from my desk, next to Sebastian.

Professor Sharp is my father you see, and well...for some odd reason he doesn't seem to care for Sebastian too much.

The countless times my father has pulled me aside telling me 'that Sallow boy is no good for you.' or 'he's such a terrible influence' well it's getting in my nerves.

I had to get my time in with Sebastian before class and while it may seem like we are dating, we're not. The rules my father made have a play in that of course.

You see, Sebastian and I have this very on again off again romance. We have to fake everything around my father, but unfortunately some people like to tattle,

Some of those people include Garretth Weasley, Poppy Sweeting, and Cressida Blume...three students who really want to get on my father's good side.

"Hello, students. Please make your way to your seats and open your potions books up to page 17, and gather the ingredients for that potion."

Pages flipping nearly echo the room, as I make it to page 17 I see, 'Felix Felicis'.

"Liquid Luck!" I exclaimed in a whisper.

"Sallow! Weasley! Come see me at my desk please!" My father called out to Sebastian and Garreth.

I have no clue why my father called the two to his desk at the beginning of class, they haven't even caused any trouble yet. I'll ask Sebastian later.

Meanwhile I gathered my ingredients for the potion and bring them back to my desk.

"Finally Miss Onai, to my desk please." He called out for Natty.

I watched as she approached his desk, and was shown a slip of paper. She returns to her own spot.

"Alright class, today we will be conjuring the potion Felix Felicis. As some of you have been told, there will be partners for this project. So for those of you who are aware, please go to your partner."

A few students moved their cauldrons and supplies to other desks, Sebastian scooting his over to Ominis.

"Hey, would you like to come over to my table?" I was approached by Garreth Weasley. "I am only asking because the other students moved and we'd have more room."

I nodded in response. "Sure Garreth, I'll be right over." I gathered my supplies and marched over to Garrett's desk in a sulky manner.

"So, it's nice to have you as my partner." Garreth smiles.

I nodded. "Yeah, it's different. But it is unlike my father to assign us partners."

"Yeah." Garreth snickered. "For a moment I forgot Professor Sharp was your father."

"Sometimes I do too, haha." I faked a laugh. "So let's get started shall we?"

"Sure, are we making two batches?"

"I recommend we do. I would much rather be safe than sorry. Who knows, one potion may fail." I smiled as I began working on the first ingredient.

"Alright then..."

A few minutes later

My father eventually makes his way over to us.

"And how are my star pupils doing in their quest to brew the liquid luck?" He speaks in his 'teacher voice'.

"Father please, no embarrassment during class."

"I'm sure everyone here knows by now that you are Professor Sharps daughter." Garreth chimes in.

"Thank you Garreth. See this is why I favor you."

"Garreth, you were literally the one that admitted earlier to forgetting he was my father."

"It would appear you are correct, I did forget." He laughs and continues to stir the brew in his pot.

"My dearest daughter, I do hope that partnering up with Weasley has surely changed your opinion of him?"

I nodded. "Oh sure, it has. He's not nearly as half as annoying as I thought."

"Aw, that's very nice of you to say...compared to your usual vocabulary you use when around that Sallow boy." Garreth laughed once more.

I nodded. "Sure. Whatever you say."

My father then turns his back to us, and begins observing other students.

"Say, after class today would you maybe consider taking a broom ride with me to the Three Broomsticks? I'd like to take you for a Butterbeer and Chocolate Trifle if I could." Garreth asks me.

"Hmm, well I had plans to practice with Sebastian in the Undercroft after class. He promised to teach me a few more spells."

"Oh come on, your father would like this..."

"Yeah but...Sebastian's my..."

Garreth stood there while I tried to find my words.

I couldn't, instead I focused on getting the final drop of liquid luck down in the potion bottle.

Garreth nudged my shoulder. "What?" I asked him in response.

"What were you going to say?"

"Nothing."

Finally my father dismisses class.

"So can I take you out?" Garreth asks right as Sebastian and Ominis pass us up, causing the two to stop.

"Fine. But only one date Weasley. There will be absolutely no funny business. You understand?"