Chapter Three: Girls Weekend

~normal pov~

It was finally Friday. Friday means I only have one class, and that is Beasts.

Of course I was excited to care for a few Kneazles with Professor Howin, her class is my favorite.

Today Professor Howin allowed us to partner up with someone in the class and care for a Kneazle.

She told us that this project lasts for the whole semester. We have to hold ourselves and our partners accountable for coming back and taking care of our pets for grades, that or take our pets with us.

Samantha Dale, a lovely Ravenclaw friend of mine, was my partner.

"I'm glad we finally get to partner with someone." I smiled at her.

"I know, it's been so long since you and I have gotten to hang out." She smiled back as she prepped the food for the Kneazle.

"What should we name him?" I asked.

"I was thinking, Finch."

"Finch? Like the bird?"

She nodded for confirmation.

"I think that's cute. His name shall be Finch." I say as I brush Finch's soft coat.

"Hey, speaking of hanging out..mind if I ask something?" Samantha asked me as she set down the food for Finch.

"Hmm?" I called in response as I brushed the fur.

"I was thinking of gathering a few friends for the weekend..and heading down to the lake for the weekend. My family had left me a little lake house to go to whenever needed. I mainly just live there.."

I sighed. Poor girl. I knew her situation was tough and I always felt sorry for her. Having to be alone like that must be scary. "Are you asking me to come?" I looked up at the girl who was smiling down at me, she nodded.

"Of course, you're one of my closest friends. I would much enjoy your company."

"Aw, I would love to come Samantha. It would be a great way to take care of the Kneazle too!"

The girl jumped for joy, which scared Finch slightly. "Sorry Finch!" She exclaimed.

"Who else are you inviting?"

"Well I've already asked Natty, Cressida, and Lenora. Natty says her mother would like her here so she could help her with her Divination, Cressida said she'll think about it, and Lenora says yes she'll be there."

"Wonderful!" I smiled. "Anyone else?"

"I need to ask Imelda, Poppy, Charlotte, and Astoria."

I looked over at the rest of the students. "Well Poppy and Astoria are both right over there." I smiled.

She nodded, "Would you care to finish feeding Finch? I'll ask them!"

"Of course!"

She smiles and runs off to the two girls. I watch as she talks to them and even pets the Kneazle they are caring for.

She finally runs back to me. "Alright so now I just need to ask Imelda and Charlotte."

"Did they say yes?" I asked and she nodded. "Sweet!"

"I'm actually really excited for this girls outing! It will be so much fun! I have next class with Charlotte, so I'll be able to ask her then."

"I can't wait either! Imelda is in my house, and I have no more classes after this. I'll try to find her and ask for you!"

"Oh I'd greatly appreciate it! If she says yes, will you tell her to meet in the great hall after dinner? Well probably leave then!"

I nodded "of course."

~time skip~

I made my way back to the Slytherin common room, nobody was there except for Sebastian and Ominis.

Both of which seemed very interested in a book from Ominis's hand.

"Hey boys, what's up?" I asked them, not expecting an answer back.

"Oh just reading a book I found in the Undercroft. Want to see?" Sebastian responded trying to offer the book to me

"Not right now, I need to find Imelda."

"Uh...why? Err why do you need Imelda?" Sebastian asked nervously.

"Because me, a few other girls and Samantha are gonna spend the weekend at Samantha's little lake house for a girls weekend." I smiled.

"Oh that's wonderful, she's in the girls dorms. Right Sebastian?" Ominis replied.

"Oh, right."

"You boys are acting weird. Especially you Sebastian...it's freaky." I said and walked away up inti the girls dorms.

"Good evening, Imelda. Do you have any more classes for the day?" I asked as I saw Imelda at her desk.

"I do not, but I do have to turn in this paper to Professor Hecat in an hour."

"Oh that's wonderful. Say I have a question for you."

She turns around as if giving me her full attention. "What is it?"

"I'm asking this on Samantha Dale's behalf, but she wants to get a couple of us girls together and go down to her lake house for the weekend."

"Sounds great, I would love to!" Imelda smiled. "When are we leaving?"

"Samantha says sometime after dinner. She wants us all to meet in the Great Hall after dinner time."

"Alright, that sounds like a plan. I can't wait." Imelda smiles, no hesitation.