Chapter 6: Truth Be Told

It was in the moment of silence, that I finally realized what I said. I had just confessed my feelings for THE Ominis Gaunt.

Did Ominis feel the same way? Surely I just made a mistake.

"Wait...you what?" my lovely friend had asked.

To save myself from embarrassment, I quickly got off of the couch and walked away to the nearest window..just gazing outside.

"Nothing, I'm sorry." I said, not wanting to face Ominis anymore. "How could I be so stupid?" I whispered to myself...or so I thought.

"I don't think you are stupid, don't say that." Ominis said from the couch.

"Yes I am, you just don't want to hurt my feelings." I said sulking against the corner window.

"I'm telling the truth, I swear to you." Ominis assured me, now coming over to where I was now sulking.

I didn't pay any attention to him, I didn't even want to look at him after just embarrassing myself.

The sound of the snake at our door squeaked as it finally allowed the door to open, revealing Sebastian.

"Well look at you two all cozy in the corner." Sebastian smirks as he walks up to join us.

"Sebastian, we are not cozy. We are far from it." I replied finally pushing myself away from the corner and walking back to the dorms couch.

Sebastian turned towards me as I sat on the couch, it was now Ominis's turn to sulk in the corner window.

"Ominis, stay here, I'll be back." Sebastian commanded our blind friend. "Girl, are you out of your mind?" Sebastian asked me as soon as he joined me on the couch.

"Oh, you're going to give me a negative attitude too?" I asked back but in a snarky tone.

"No, I just want to know why you seemed to have turned Ominis down?"

I rolled my eyes.

"For your information, Sallow...I didn't turn him down. He turned me down."

"That's absurd!" Sebastian shouted and jumped off the couch. "I don't believe that! Especially after what he told me before you showed up!"

"What are y-"

"Sebastian don't!" Ominis shouted now using his wand to guide himself to us

"Our dear friend Ominis..our sweet, dear, blind, head over heels in love, friend Ominis...is madly in love with you." 

"Ominis...is in love with me?" I asked looking at the blonde boy standing next to Sebastian.

Although Ominis couldn't see it, I was looking to him for the answer. If it was the truth, I wanted him to say it himself. Sebastian nodded to me.

"He needs to say it himself then because when you left earlier he said nothing about being in love with me...then when I blurted out that I loved him, he stayed silent as if telling me he didn't feel the same as I."

"I can promise h-"

"Sebastian, Ominis needs to tell me himself."

The boys sighed. Sebastian looked at Ominis and put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry Ominis, I cant help you anymore..." he frowned and looked to the ground.

Even though Ominis couldn't see it, I knew he felt it.

"Alright. I want you to know that the reason I didn't say anything when you confessed your feelings to me is not because I don't feel the same way. It's just that I never thought that my long-standing crush shared the same feelings towards me. Please trust me when I say that I do feel the same way about you as you do about me." Ominis spoke, surely confident this time.

"Omi..?"

"Oh Merlin's sake I love it when you call me Omi!" the boy calls out to me, and to shock the both of us, I finally take the reigns placing our lips together for the first time.