New Place

Fern's Pov:

I really was Sans or at least a version of him. I had seen something like this before. It was Undertale, right? An AU of sorts? I didn't exactly look like the OG Sans with his iconic blue jacket, shorts, and pink slippers. No, I was waaayyy off from that look. I stared at my reflection, taking in my new appearance. I wore a brown turtleneck that was well knitted with a darker shade of shorts, the bottom hem having black flower embroidery. The jacket I wore felt fluffy, the edges of the hood was covered in... Maidenhair ferns instead of fluff. The fan-like leaves of the fern were soft against my bony face as it nearly encircled me. The color of the jacket was a nice green color, a slightly darker shade from the Maidenhair although the occasional patches on the jacket were in varied colors of green. The hoodie was quite odd. It reminded me of those sleeping hats you'd wear to sleep but longer, almost touching the floor! I wore green sleepers but they weren't fuzzy on the outside, rather nice and smooth which went nicely with my light brown socks.

I was... Very different. No, incredibly different than any Sans I've read before. I racked my skull for who I could be when it hit me. The Maidenhair on my clothes, the weird hoodie, the vines that crawled the walls of the ceiling. I have to be some Naturetale variant! That has to be it and with these memories of the other monsters, I'm sure I hit the dot. To think I'd be a Naturetale Sans but
... I barely even know about this AU. I wasn't much of an Undertale fan anyway. I'd say I'd know the basics but that wasn't exactly reliable. No, what am I even thinking?! I'm totally screwed! I watched as a wave of panic seeped into me, my eyelights staring right at me, shaking violently.

I was in a new place, a new world in a new body that wasn't mine! Why?! I don't understand why this is happening to me. I just wanted to escape and now I was here. My breathing escalated faster, my ribcage heaving even though I didn't have any lungs to breath with. I moved away from the mirror, my back against the wall as I slid down to my knees. I felt overwhelmed. The memories that clashed with mine, this body made of bones, and my thoughts clouded me. It took awhile, it felt like forever before I calmed down. I looked at myself again, my eyelights still shaking, my phalanges were, too. Perhaps I should think of something else, try moving around or something. Do something other than this.

I stood up weakly, my panic fading as I faced toward the door. I opened it, the door creaking as bits of dust fell from it. It was oddly quiet and with all that panicking I was doing, you'd think someone would hear me. I peeked out the room seeing a dusty stairs nearby. The railing was trailed with ivy coursing down as I walked beside it. The whole house was dull in color, the liveliness from my memories no where to be found. I cradled my head as a memory hit me and it hit hard. The Frisk here had done multiple genocide runs, killing everyone but Sans. They left Sans on purpose, enjoying his torment. Their facial expressions reminded me of my mother as I felt a small similarity with Sans. Frisk played with him, made him beg them to stop, and finally made him kill them. Their laughter and smile echoed through the memory. It was the most recent memory although it was probably ages ago from the state of this house.

I decided to walk out the door, being met with cold air which should've been expected. With my steps crunching into the snow, I explored the area. I don't know what I should do but this should at least get my mind off of things. The sign to Snowdin was grey and tacky, the wood it was on chipped and cracked. The town was silent with only the wind whistling around me. How long has it be since Sans... I killed her?

I had to accept I was him at this point. I mean, I'm literally a skeleton now and with these memories and how much I can relate to him, I don't think I can deny it much longer. I sighed. Did I just knock out after that route? I felt my non-existent stomach growl. It seemed to answer my question clearly. I did notice in the mirror that my body did look slightly... Different than I had thought. A few things were... Sharper than they should be and my bones weren't exactly fitting my outfit properly. I probably couldn't possibly eat after what Frisk had done, it only reminded me of Papy and the others. I shook my head. Think of something else, maybe I could try to eat again if I could find something. I wandered the underground for something that could be edible.

????? Pov: (You know who it is! ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ)

"What did I say about fighting in the dining hall?" My voice boomed from the end of the table as Killer and Cross looked at me from their positions. I rubbed my face with a tendril, sighing.

"I understand Killer, but Cross, why would you let him drag you into this?" I asked a frowning Cross as his tried to speak.

"Killer was pissing me off. I told him to stop but he wouldn't shut up and he took my CHOCOLATE!" Cross yelled towards Killer who only snickered as he smiled in the opposite direction of Cross. I groaned, my tendril smacking Killer's skull, his grin disappeared from his face as he rubbed it.

"Oh! Come on, boss. It was just ONE bar." He grunted from the smack.

"Both of you wi-" I stopped for a moment, a wave of negativity flowing over me. I stood straighter as I tried to pinpoint where it came from, surprised that it felt so strong.

"Nevermind, you two will be going on a mission. We'll talk more about your punishment later," I pointed my tendrils at them as they both groaned from the thought of either the mission or the punishment.

"Horror, leave the mess they made. They will clean it when they get back," I ordered Horror who simply nodded in his seat. As I told Cross the coordinates of the AU, he cut into the air, the common image of snow appearing on the other side of the portal. They walked through it as it closed up behind them. We'll have to see what that negativity was when they report back.