🍪Special: Valentine's Day (Part:1) 🍪

Author's Note:

Since it's Valentine's Day, I thought this would be a nice glimpse into the future. Enjoy.

Fern's Pov:

Me and Horror were in the kitchen today practicing baking cookies for Valentine's Day. We had intentionally walled off the kitchen area with Papyri since we didn't want Killer coming in here eating anything. They created a line-like barrier around us, looking for any suspiciously, crazed skelly that might interrupt us although they might not exactly win against Killer, they sure will let us know if he's nearby. 

I suggested making Linzer cookies to Horror to which he agreed while also suggesting chocolate bars filled with different flavors. 

Linzer Cookies

Chocolate Bars

Chocolate Bars

"Y'know, we might as well just make a little basket for everyone

"Y'know, we might as well just make a little basket for everyone. We can make it look cute without just tossing their treats at them," I giggled, making a throwing gesture. Horror nodded, writing in a little notebook. We discussed further, mainly me talking, about the designs and fillings for both the cookies and the bars. 

"Do you think it'll be okay for Killer to have chocolate?" I asked Horror, my bone-brow strewn into concern. Killer may enjoy stealing chocolate bars from Cross or Error but he always either gave it to someone else or found a place to stash it, preferably Nightmare's office. I noticed that he never actually eaten them and just enjoyed taking them for the reactions. "Maybe we should add something a little different for him," I say, a smile covering my face as I moved over to Horror, whispering into his imaginary ear. This earned me a deep chuckle with Horror nodding in agreement.

"Dust... too?" Horror asked, thinking we could give him something else as well. 

"Do you ... think Nightmare would be upset if we gave cigarettes to Dust?" I asked, Horror's face turning into a frown, my words stabbing his idea. Not wanting to fully shut down his idea, I thought for a moment. 

"Hmm.... Oh!" I exclaim, jumping from my seat on the counter," What about good cigarettes? Like, I know we don't have lungs, but non-tobacco cigs should be okay. Maybe something flowery since, y'know, Valentine's Day?" Nightmare can't be upset if they aren't real cigs and if they help you, then it should be fine. 

"You think Farm might know what to do?" I asked Horror, his head perking up at me mentioning him. He nodded, he pushed himself from the counter and walked towards the wall of Papyri. I asked them if they could clean up and that they could eat the finished cookies if they wanted to. Papyri weren't exactly sentient but a few of them have become a bit aware after living for so long and those that were aware happily accepted the offer with the others following. I giggled as one Papyrus looked at cookie, examining it before trying to eat it whole with another Papyrus smacking it beside the skull for its stupidity and proceeded to show everyone how to eat a cookie. 

I gave my hands refuge in my pockets and walked with Horror to Nightmare's office so that he could open a portal for us to Farmtale. Looking at Horror's list, I'd say we'll be there for a while. Horror knocked on the door, then opened it without waiting for a response.

I peered from behind the skelly, waving my hand, "Hello, could you send us somewhere?" Nightmare looked up at the two of us, snagging off his glasses. 

"Where?" "Farmtale, please!" I chirped, looking up at Horror who nodded in agreement. Using a tendril, he made a circular motion in the air, a portal taking form in the room. He slipped his glasses back on and turned towards his book. 

"Thanks!" I hopped into the portal as my surroundings changed in an instant from the office to the bright light of the sun shining on fields of wheat and grass. Horror picked me up like a child and walked towards the barn area, knowing Farm would be there. The hay stacked up in the barn as the stray straws tickled my fingers as I reached for them from Horror's shoulder. 

There was Farm, laying in a pile of hay. Using Horror's vertebrae as an anchor, I reached for Farm's straw hat and removing it from his face.

"Farm~" I say, extending his name in a singsong voice which was greeted with a grumbled 'hay'.

"Horror 'n Fern? Whatch' y'all doin' here so early?" He asked, his country accent groggy as he sat up on the hay. He rubbed his face, groaning as he stood up and stretched his bones. 

"Shopping! We wanted you to come and help, if you want to," I say, forgetting we didn't exactly ask him to be included in our plans. Farm eyed his straw hat him my hands and, assuming he wanted it back, I plopped it onto his skull with a giggle. 

"You wanna come?" I asked with a smile, holding Horror for support. Horror looked at Farm expectantly, his arm holding me up firmly as he stepped towards Farm. 

"You're... coming...right?" Horror asked, it being noticeable that he wanted Farm to come with us more than I did. Horror looked into Farm's socket, the pinpricks looking away quickly as he rubbed the back of his skull and adjusted his hat. 

"I can't say no 'ta you two," He gave a chuckle, deciding that he had nothing better to do anyway. 

"Let's go then!" I say, kicking my feet.

"Hold yer' cattle, kid. Gotta tells Pap first," he said, gesturing to the house that he and Crop lived in. I nodded, telling Horror to put me down. I ran to the house, leaving the two to talk about whatever. 

"Crop, are you here?" I called out as I opened the door, letting it swing open. 

"WHY YES, WHO MIGHT BE ASKIN'?" Crop replied from the kitchen, his shoe poking out as he walked to the front door. "OH, IT'S LITTLE FERN! WHAT AR' YER DOIN' HERE?" he asked, picking me up into a hug then looking at me with a smile.

"Me and Horror were going shopping for ingredients for Valentine's Day and wanted to bring Farm. Is that okay with you, Crop?" I asked, giggling from the hug. 

"OF COURSE, AT LEAS' THAT LAZYBONES WILL HAVE SOMETHIN' TO DO," he set me back onto the floor and walked back into the kitchen, " IF YOU COME BACK EARLY, YOU'LL GET TA' HAVE MY FANTASTIC VEGETABLE SOUP!" he gloated as I reached for the doorknob, looking back at him.

"Okay! See you in a bit," I say, closing the door as Horror and Farm stood on the porch, "Crop said that if we come back early, we get soup! So, let's hurry." I tugged at their jackets, urging them to lead the way making Farm chuckle and Horror smile softly, nodding. We chatted along the way, asking Farm about making the cigarettes and whether he wanted some chocolate for Valentine's Day. Horror listened intently, nodding to show he was listening while also saying a few things to ask Farm as well. 

We arrived at the market after walking for a while. I looked around like a hyper child as I tried to walk to a random stall. Horror stepped on my hood, making me look up at him.

"Don't... run... off," he eyed me, his teeth lining horizontally making Farm laugh.

"Heya, Horror, Fern's old enough ta' watch themselves," he chuckled which was met with a slight glare from Horror. 

"Too... small... Can't... find'em," he muttered that was met with my huff as he picked me up to stop me from going anywhere. He told me to just point where I wanted to go so that we could just look together. Reluctantly, I let it go after becoming infatuated with a stall of blankets of different sizes and color. We ventured the market, Farm explaining a few products and cracking a pun every so often. Time passed by quickly as our hands and arms became strung with bags. That was so FUN!