Strangers

Fern's Pov:

Nothing, nothing, and absolutely nothing. I really was sleeping for a long time. There was nothing edible which included the dead plants that I'd occasionally tried to put into my teeth before spitting it out. There was nothing filled with magic either that I could try to consume. The Maidenhair around my neck started to wilt after walking a fair amount through the underground. It probably was using my magic to stay the way it was and after waking up, I only had enough for myself, so it's become brownish, blending with my turtleneck. My boned body was becoming heavy after all this walking. I didn't know what I could do with it but I wasn't going to use magic any time soon.

I was in Snowdin again since I hadn't exactly checked my own house for food before I had left. I trailed back, looking at the footsteps I had made in the snow. It was then that I realized that some of these steps weren't mine as I walked in front of the house. If these aren't mine, who did the- My thoughts were stopped when the door swung open, making me jump back as a reflex. Seems my body wasn't rusty from all that sleeping. I hid behind the tree that was closest to me, hoping that the strangers hadn't seen me yet. I was wrong as one of them blurred in front of me and he was fast. His red eyelight looked at me crazed as he stood before me, a head above me.

"Was wonderin' if the boss made a mistake. Suppose he didn't, huh?" He spoke deeply, his head leaning closer to examine me. As scared as I was, I wasn't going to back down from whatever they were going to do but... Maybe I shouldn't attack first...

My eyelights looked away nervously. These guys were skeletons, too, which was weird. Most regular Sans' weren't capable of AU hopping from my knowledge, so who were these guys. I fidgeted with my fingers, the silence between me and this tar-teared skeleton continued before the other skeleton came up to us, clearing his... Throat?

"Hey, does this AU belong to you?" He asked, his voice smoother than the other skelly. I nodded, not looking at him before trying to speak.

"So that's... true?" I asked, my voice shaky. I had never tried to speak but hearing it now, it was gentle with a hint of melodic if it weren't for my shaky delivery. They thought for a moment before realizing what my question meant.

"Yes, the multiverse is true." The black and white skelly replied after taking in my appearance.

"Hey, wilty, why don't you speak more? What happened here? It's all dead an' dusty," the crazed skelly spoke again, rapid firing his questions.

"Umm... the kid... Genocide runs...I've been sleeping for a while..." I spoke with the same shakiness, making my answer short with the pressure I was feeling. Damn, why are these guys so huge!? I could feel sweat coming from my skull.

"Well, isn't that somethin'. Yer' know how long you've been sleepin'?" He asked again, his face inching closer. Stepping back slightly, I shook my head aggressively, the Maidenhair itching my jaw.

"No need to be scared, wilty. I don' bite.... Hard," he chuckled at the last word. This guy... Didn't look like he was joking from the way his smile etched higher.

"Why.... Are you here?" I asked, stuffing my hands into the fluffy pockets of my jacket. The conversation was getting strained and with how long I haven't talked, even in my previous life, this social interaction was becoming too much for me. I shifted in my spot, still not making eye contact. They seemed to look at each other as if their eyelights spoke more words than they could actually speak. I took this time to look at them.

The black and white skelly looked like a penguin or a panda with his color scheme choice, if you ignored a red scar on his upper right cheek and a golden heart pendant around his neck. His black turtleneck that covered the majority of his teeth seemed to be made of a different material than mine, looking much smoother with no visible seams. Crosses seemed to adorn his body: wrapping his chest, on his belt, black shorts, and his shoes. A black and white cape looked attached to the fluff of his white hoodie as it draped heavily on the floor. His demeanor was the complete opposite compared to his crazed-eyed partner.

The 'crying' skelly wore the same looking shirt as his counterpart, a glowing target smacked in the middle of his chest. His blue sweater had beige fluff at the edges of his hood, his sleeves meeting fingerless gloves that he wore. The white shorts he wore had a single black stripe along the side of them. The skelly's blue shoe planted itself against the tree as he leaned against it, their conversation turning into a whisper. 

I didn't think they'd talk for this long, not that it bothered me since it allowed me to get a good look at them, but I wonder what they're talking about. I felt two waves coming over me, a subtle one and a rougher one. Was that a CHECK?

Killer's Pov:

'What do you think?' I glanced over at Cross. I've never seen a Sans like this let alone one from a Naturetale AU. Aren't they usually happy go lucky with their shrubs? I guess genocides can really fuck up an AU like this. 

'Kind of small,' Cross looked back at the Sans, looking him up and down again. He was kind of small compared to us, maybe a little too small. I spun my knife in my hand, thinking about wat we should do. 

"Should we just... kill'em?" I asked Cross, my voice quiet for once. My eyelight motioned towards the shaking skeleton that looked at us although I don't think they heard me say it. It's not like we have to help every skeleton or recruit them. I doubt this one could be anything useful. Cross just shook his head.

"Is that all you could think of? Really, Killer?" Cross eyed me with a 'Really?' expression on his face, making me shrug.

"Let's at least check them before getting those ideas." We both motioned towards the skeleton, CHECKing them.

SANS - LV: 1

HP: 1

ATK: 0

DEF: 1

* Feels slightly nervous but waits for the conversation to finish.

* Starving.

Huh? Didn't they say they killed their Frisk? Why is there LV still one? Cross thought the same thing as he looked at the CHECK with the same amount of confusion. The Sans looked up, noticing our CHECK although he only tilted his head. I suppose this was going to continue a bit longer than expected.