🍪Special: Valentine's Day (Part:2) 🍪

Fern's Pov: 

"We're back, Crop!" I yell from the front door, dropping the two bags I was carrying. Farm waddled behind, sighing with relief as he dropped his bags and himself onto the couch. 

"WELCOME BACK, HOW WAS THE MARKET?" Crop asked from the kitchen. The sound of cluttering plates and the smell of soup filled the room, making Horror walk to the kitchen quickly after he had set his bags near the entrance. I walked over to Farm, moving the bags to the side and sat beside him.

"It was awesome! There were so many things to look at and we've got everything we need." I answered, poking at Farm's face. He was exhausted from all that walking, and Horror ended up carrying the majority of our stuff since Farm was lagging behind us when he carried them.

"Stop poken' me, sprout," he grumbled out, thinking that it'd stop my relentless finger from poking him. 

I giggled, "You sound like an old man, Farm. I shouldn't have let you carry some of my bags if you were going to be like this." I poked his face again, smiling as he shut his bone-eyelids and let out a breath of surrender. "Don't sleep, Farm. We have to eat together," I say, getting off the couch to check the kitchen. Horror was placing bowls of soup on the table, responding to Crop in grunts and short hums as he picked out spoons from a drawer. Crop grabbed the empty bowls and filled them with soup, the creamy liquid sloshing as he set the bowl back down.

"SANS! GET OVER HERE 'N HAVE SUPPER. GUEST ARE WAITIN' ON YA', LAZYBONES," Crop called from the kitchen. I sat close to Horror who pushed a bowl closer to me as I heard Farm get off the couch with an 'oof'. He pulled out the chair beside Crop and sat down, a lax smile on his face as he took off his hat, letting it hang to the back of his neck.

"Sorry, Paps. I'm just souper tired," his smile inching higher which made Crop glare at him, "These guys worked me down to the bone." I giggled as Crop groaned, hiding his face behind his mitts.

"SANS! NO PUNS AT THE DINNER TABLE." Crop removed his hands from his face to properly scold Farm who shrugged, eating a spoonful of soup. After we filled our non-existent bellies with warm soup, Crop got up first to fill some containers with food that I assumed was for us to take home. Then there was a knock at the door. I turned my head to look while Horror got up to open it. Not entirely interested in who was at the door, I stacked the empty bowls to put them in the sink. 

I shrugged when Crop stopped me from doing the dishes saying I was 'too' small anyway. He wasn't wrong but reminding me my height was unnecessary. I hmpfed away to Horror, poking my skull from behind him to see Cross and his black-white portal in the distance.

"Nightmare told me to pick you guys up," Cross had a hand at his hip, his turtleneck partially covering his smile. He waved at me after seeing me, chuckling as he said, "Hope you had fun, kid." I nodded aggressively, smiling wide as I left to gather our bags. I brought them to the front door, dragging some of them. A sack of sugar and two smaller ones of powdered sugar can really drag you down. I'm not surprised why Farm was exhausted after he took them from me.

"That's a lot. What's it for?" he asked me, taking the bags from the floor.

"It's a surprise!" I smiled mischievously, hand landing on my skull and patted me. "You better not look in them! You'll spoil the surprise," I tell him, squinting my sockets at him as my eyelights bore into his. 

"Don't worry. I won't, you gremlin," Cross laughs and puts the bags into the portal. 

I gasp, almost dramatically as I looked at him in shock, "I am no gremlin!" I yell out, my face scrunching in disgust at the image.

"Well, yer' sure act like one, sprout. Act like'm, laugh like'm. Y'even got the color scheme down, too," I hear Farm from behind me, little specks of magic fading out as he had shortcutted to me. I look at him in disbelief and in slight betrayal as he described me as a gremlin. My expression changing sporadically as I tried to pinpoint the feeling I wanted to express. I looked at Horror for some assistance, or at least for him to disagree.

"More... like... a..." He tried to make a different comparison, his single eyelight wandering away from my face contorting into a 'Seriously?' expression: a bone-brow arching as I crossed my arms and turned towards the portal when Crop came over to bring Horror the containers full of food in a brown, paper bag. 

Glaring at Farm and Horror, I smiled at Crop and turned to hug him, "See you, later." "INDEED, LITTLE FERN. I WILL BE SEEIN' YOU LATER," he patted my back as I hugged his long legs before I stuck my green, ecto-tongue at Farm. I ran off to the portal, jumping in as I huffed my way with some lighter bags to the kitchen.

I start putting things away, the clattering and thumps of items echoing from the kitchen as I opened cupboards and the fridge to put stuff in them. I grumbled nonsense along the lines of "I don't sound like gremlin," or "You're a gremlin, dumdum." I folded the leftover bags and put them in the bottom cupboard that had the rest of the paper bags we get from Farmtale, placing it neatly on top of each other. 

I feel Horror's presence, his footsteps dragging across the tile floor as he set the rest of the bags on the counter. 

"You're... not... a... gremlin," he speaks softly, looking at my back as his shadow covers me under the kitchen light.

"Hmph, I know," I mumbled, pushing my stepping stool near the counter so I could reach the bags. Horror picks me up and places me on the counter, telling me to hand it to him and he'd put it away. Taking the items out, I handed two items to him at a time whilst folding the paper bags to be put away last. More footsteps round the corner, Dust coming in and looking at our operation.

"It's pretty late for you," Dust points at me and directs my attention to the clock on the wall. 10:30. It really was late for me, and I was feeling tired from walking around all day in the sun. I nodded in agreement and slipped off the counter since most of the stuff was already put away and out of the bags anyway. I said goodnight to Horror before Dust walked me to my room, giving me a small hug before he walked away to his room where Phantom waved at me and floated through the door. It still amazes me whenever he does that.

I trudged to my bed and knocked off my slippers at the end of my bed. Plopping down on my bed, I sighed relief as the comfort of the mattress embraced me comfortably. As I dozed off into the night, my sockets drooping helplessly to fatigue, I dreamt of feeding cookies to little gremlin versions of Cross and Farm. I chuckled quietly in my sleep, "ᴺᵒʷ, ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵃ ᵍʳᵉᵐˡᶦⁿ."