🥔 FOOD 🥔

Fern's Pov:

The Papyrus opened the door, another skeleton following it. Woah! That skelly was huge, maybe not that huge but definitely bigger than me or even the other two skellies. The tendril lowered me closer to the floor but didn't let me go as if presenting me to the new skelly.

"Look," Nightmare moved me closer, "What do you think?"

"... Small...," the other skelly's eyelight moved to my fingers that clutched the tendril. He reached for them, but I moved them out of reflex which made him frown.

"S-sorry, reflex," I muttered as I moved my hands over to him. His frown disappeared for only a second after holding my hands. His head tilted to get a better look at my finger tips. I thought bones would feel cold but his weren't. They were warm, pleasant. The large skelly had a hole in his skull, his teeth sharp like mine. His jacket was a faded blue, more like gray, including his shorts. He looked bigger boned than Killer and Cross. I thought all Sanses were built the same. Wait, maybe, I'm just super small.

Dangling my feet, I feel him squeeze my fingers, his non-existent brow furrowing. What's up with him? I know I've been sleeping for a while, but I don't look that bad. I squeezed back making him look up at me, a soft smile greeted his gaze.

"I'm okay," my voice was soft as he looked at me with an odd expression, maybe he was surprised. He let go of my hand.

"Give... him..." he spoke slowly, like he was thinking for every word he said. The tendril loosened, my feet finally touching the floor. I thought I'd end up falling asleep with how comfortable it was. I looked at them both, not sure what I should do. AWKWARD...

"What abo-" I was snatched in the middle of my sentence, the skelly picked me up, bridal style, and whisked me away.

"Uhm, we weren't finished talking." I looked up at him, unconsciously moving closer to him to not fall out of his arms. He just grunted and kept walking. I don't know if he cared or not, but he seemed to be taking me somewhere in a hurry.

He plopped me down on a couch and told me to stay, not that I'd go anywhere if I could. My body still felt heavy from before and it was making me sleepy. My eye sockets drooped, if they could, as my upper body swayed. I didn't bother to look up when someone sat beside me, a snicker came with the person. My head lowered into my maidenhair; it scratches me gently as I sunk into the couch.

"Sleepy, squirt?" I heard the voice laugh, my eyelights looking at him through half-lidded sockets. I hummed a reply, not bothering to actually speak. I was barely able to keep my eyelights on with how comfortable I was, and my lack of magic just made it worse. I shouldn't sleep in an unknown place, but I didn't want to move, neither make that other skelly upset for leaving. Killer just laughed, my ferns crunching quietly from his giggles that moved the couch.

Heavy footsteps grew louder until they stopped. Something warm pressed against my cheek, lifting my head up properly. I flickered my eyelights, trying to see the warm object. The larger skeleton looked at me, his palm lifting my head up with a bowl in his other hand.

 The larger skeleton looked at me, his palm lifting my head up with a bowl in his other hand

"Eat," he handed me the bowl. The bowl was filled with small, squared potatoes with some peppered white sauce. It was still warm, the steam visible through the air as I held the bowl in my hand. I hesitated first. What if I threw up?... But I don't want to be rude either. I looked at the bigger skelly, not sure if I should eat it. He sat down beside me, taking the fork that was in the bowl and stabbing a potato cube, bringing it to my face.  

"Hahaha! Nothing bad is in the food, kid. Just eat it already," Killer laughed, nudging me closer to the fork.

"That's not th-hmpf!" The potato entered my mouth, it's form becoming mush on my tongue. 

"Good one, Horror," Killer giggled, happy his little distraction worked. I swallowed the mush, the dryness vanishing as the skelly, now named Horror, stabbed another potato. The uncomfortable feeling I usually got from eating didn't seem to settle in my 'gut' which I was thankful for. Feeling a bit more courage to eat, I eat the potato, a little flushed from being fed. 

"I can feed myself," I reach for the fork making Horror move his hand away and take the bowl from my hands, "I really can do it myself." I try to take the utensil again but was met with more reluctance from Horror. I looked at him, a bone-brow raised as I looked at him confused. His expression was firm as he stabbed the potato and stirred it in the bowl. The quiet snickers beside me only made my embarrassment worse as I gave in to Horror's stubbornness, eating from the fork.

As Horror fed me, my ferns start to brighten in color; the leaves were now soft again, looking like newborn sprouts. The crunching sounds disappeared along with the brownness of the leaves and surprisingly, the maidenhair felt warmer, too. I sigh in relief feeling my magic returning but groaned right after, feeling the queasiness from eating and I wasn't even finished eating; half of the potato soup was still left when I turned away from Horror's fork. 

"Sorry, I can't anymore," I grumbled, my body feeling uneasy. I don't know how it feels to throw up as a skeleton but if it's anything like it felt when I was a human, I'd rather not eat any more than I have, too. I slouched, cradling my torso in my arms trying to ease myself from the feeling. My maidenhair hugged me back feeling my discomfort, the warmness gentle against my face.

 Old habits die hard.

Author's Rant:

The soup in the story only has potatoes and a few veggies, no meat like the one in the picture. As for the whole 'vomiting thing' I wanted to further relate to the character since I'm kind of just writing this with no real direction. I'm using my experience for most of this so to me, vomiting really hurts and sometimes, I just don't enjoy eating especially when I'm away from family. The thought of me eating something delicious without them tend to ruin my appetite.