Chapter Seventeen: I Think You're Perfect

________

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: I THINK YOU'RE PERFECT________

________

"Hus... husband..?"

Ichiro stared in awe at the sight of Mizu and Sogo intertwined like lovebirds. She comfortably sat on the man's lap, as if his seat was made for her, and he held her bottom close with his wrists interlocked. Those hands of his were firmly fixed on her ass, and Ichiro couldn't help but feel a wave of unwarranted jealousy.

"How can it be? We're... we're still engaged! Why, it hasn't even been a week since..."

Sogo unsheathed Mizu's katana and stabbed it into the table between them, leaning forward. Ichiro jumped in his seat, fear-striking his heart. In her tainted yellow sundress, she was the bride in blood. Mizu could've stopped this of course, but instead, she watched in amusement and a subtle smile.

"That Sogo died the moment you threw her into the ocean," she hissed, glaring at him as her wrists trembled with anger, gripping Mizu's katana.

"I... I was wrong... Forgive me.."

"How's this? I'll bind your wrists and legs together, throw you in the ocean, and we're even," she leaned closely, glaring daggers through him, wondering what in the world she ever saw in a man so small.

"I'll help," Mizu offered, resting her chin on one hand as she tilted her head to watch.

He trembled. "Please, see it from my perspective... What could I have done? What could I have done?!"

"You were the captain, you idiot! Why is it that men are granted all the power in this world, yet when it actually matters, when it can be used to protect the woman they love..."

Her voice shuddered, breaking. It became heavier like she was fighting a round of enraged tears.

"...they're all just cowards?!"

Ichiro stared into Sogo's siren-like eyes with fright. This was his reckoning. Mizu stifled a chuckle and caressed the small of Sogo's back as she leaned over the table in front of her.

"Darling. He's going to piss himself."

"I want to see him bleed."

"Nno!" Ichiro looked to Mizu for help. She simply crossed her arms, hands-off in this situation and allowing what will be to be. The reserved table was closed off with a sliding door, so they had all the privacy in the world.

Sogo pulled out Mizu's katana from the table and struck downward. Ichiro flinched, fixed in his seat in fear. I deserve it, his final thoughts as he braced himself.

A sharp slice was heard. He opened his trembling eyes and saw that the katana had stopped an inch from his throat, digging into the seat behind him.