Chapter Twenty: Be Good, Please?

________

I didn't know I had a dream
I didn't know until I saw you
so would you tell me if you want me?
'cause I can't move until you show me

I didn't know I had a dreamI didn't know until I saw youso would you tell me if you want me?'cause I can't move until you show me

CHAPTER TWENTY: BE GOOD, PLEASE?
________

"Can I...?"

She curled her fingers closed. The motion of the water running through them bobbed back and forth. Gently, the waves would cause her knuckles to brush against Mizu's inner thigh.

There would be no question if she said no of course, but what a pity it'd be to not bring her a pinch of pleasure, especially when she had already given her so much. That was how Mizu was. A masochist for self-punishment.

There was so much she didn't know about Mizu... if anything at all, really. Those ambivalent eyes looked at her in a way many women before had.

"...It was a man once, right?" There always is.

"I was married," Mizu answered, emotionally detached.

She nearly choked. Mizu?! Married?!

The samurai looked away as a rainfall of unwanted memories came back. A secluded home in the woods. A horse. An apple tree. The reeking smell of her mother burning opium in the house. It made her so sick at night. Even when they tried to cut her off, the scent buried deep into the wooden panels. She could still smell it.

In the water, she could feel Sogo's knuckles brushing against her thighs, and it grounded her back to reality.

She meant her words, "He doesn't haunt me anymore, though. It's just now that you've brought it up. He didn't deserve me."

There could only be one way a woman was free from marriage. "I assume he passed?"

"I killed him."

"...he probably deserved it, to be honest."

"Yeah."

Mizu pressed her lips together, not wanting to linger on this useless subject anymore. There was no point wasting an ounce of breath on that person. If she told Sogo, she'd help carry her burden, and she didn't want that. She could hold it on her own two feet.

A little image of the pesky rabbit holding a massive boulder on her hind legs came to her, and it made her chuckle.

Sogo shivered. "Laughing at the thought of killing your ex? Damn right, he must've deserved it...!"

"Pfft," Mizu hooked her arm over Sogo's neck and brought her in. She rested her cheek on her forehead and swayed their bodies in bliss. "I just thought of you."

"Yeah?"

"Mhm, and it made me smile."

Those words turned her joyous, and she nuzzled her face closer to Mizu's neck.