Chapter Eighteen: Come Into The Water

________

come into the water
do you wanna be my baby?
are you waiting to touch me?
you look so good, but I keep my hands
'til you come into the water...

come into the waterdo you wanna be my baby?are you waiting to touch me?you look so good, but I keep my hands'til you come into the water

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: COME INTO THE WATER
________

The hot springs were located in the southern wing of the property

The hot springs were located in the southern wing of the property. It encompassed miles and miles of nature and a variety of animal life. The magical baths promised healing to believers across the island. It was truly the gem of Formosa, and to soak in its eternal water during the Evening of Sevens secured good fortune in love.

With her hair secured back in her bun, Mizu stared out from the entrance like a lone wolf, uninvited and out of place. She held her robe close with one hand because even though it was secured tightly around her body, she was still protective of her chest.

Everyone was naked and free underneath the moonlight. Except her.

The main pool of the springs held dozens of bodies, soaking in and relishing the heavenly waters. Behind it was a winding staircase crawling up a hill, leading to separate and more private pools, though a journey to trek. It was a full moon that night, and its glimmering light reflected on everyone's pale bodies and black hair. They didn't look like people anymore, but spirits.

Mizu clutched her robe tighter like it was a safety net. She could feel the tension of her binder restricting her shaky breath.

She didn't even have her glasses on, so her eyes, nearly the most damning part of her, were out in the open...

To be so bare... even under the shadow of the night... is still...

Presenting as a man was most desirable. She received respect when she walked into the room. To expose herself in the most crowded places on the island, during their most popular events, wouldn't be smart.