Chapter Fourteen: Goddess of Light

________

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: GODDESS OF LIGHT________

________

...Ugh. Not this again.

"What a beautiful man!"

"Never seen such eyes..."

"And he's so fit."

"Come inside, lost boy~"

"We'll show you the way."

Mizu took the wrong turn and consequently passed the wing holding the brothel. She had a major case of dejavu. They couldn't keep their hands off her.

She was beginning to consider whether she had an effect on working women, or if they just saw her as a trick to take advantage of. Either way, they were touching her all over, moving her face left and right, admiring her strong jaw, looking deeply into those eyes behind yellow lenses. One of them reached for the part between her legs, and like clockwork, a pale wrist grabbed her hand firmly just in time.

But it wasn't Mizu's grip.

Her blue eyes trailed up to the owner of that hand, and it was Sogo, angrily clenching the prostitute's hands before she could stray too far.

"Touch him again and it'll be the last those fingers feel, whore," she growled.

The woman rolled her eyes and snatched her hand away. Subsequently, the other prostitutes backed off, crossing their arms to their gorgeous kimonos. Mizu and Sogo walked away, trying to retrace their steps and find the correct wing of their room. From behind them, they could hear that same woman asking out loud:

"Why is it always the most handsome men with ugly wives?"

Without missing a beat, Sogo turned around, and Mizu held her hand, pulling her back into her chest with a little twirl. "If you're ugly, then what are they?"

Minutes later, they tried the key and successfully opened the door of their room. Sogo's first instinct was to run inside and throw herself on the bed. A bed! Not a tatami mat.