Chapter Twenty-Three: Bunny

a/n: last bit of smut for a while<3 clutch your pearls it's a freaky one

_______

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: BUNNY_______

_______

It was late into the Evening of Sevens. The festivities were still going, but there were fewer people in town. The coolness of the night chilled the usually burning hot summer, and it was a delightful change.

They were arm in arm as silent lovers in their own world. People's watchful gaze turned to follow them. They were without a doubt the hottest couple in town. They were all Formosa talked about. The mysterious, mixed-race samurai and the frightening woman in the bloody dress. Now, they strolled blissfully in their robes, their hair out and soft from the hot springs. The women once admiring Ichiro now fawned their faces to Mizu's beautiful, androgynous features.

Unfortunately for them, unlike Ichiro Mizu was very outwardly monogamous and happily committed. The way she held Sogo close as if she couldn't bear to have the tiniest space between them was so romantic, they could've cried in envy...

"If only he held me like that," one of the women sighed, careful to keep her voice down. That woman of his was crazy. Her yellow kimono was drenched with blood earlier and she didn't care.

"I can fight, but not like that," another one whispered. "I'd like to keep my life, thank you."

Mizu, with her exceptional hearing, wore an amused smirk. To hear these things was hilarious; it was funny because it was true. Her wife didn't play around when it came to her.

It made her feel secure in a way she hadn't felt before, to have a wife so scary...

She loved it.

Her hand trailed up Sogo's waist until it softly cupped her cheek. She brought her face to her chest and hugged her. They stopped walking, holding each other.

"PDA?" the shorter one choked, baffled. Not like her, at all.

"Yeah, soak it in while you can," Mizu chuckled. "Little Bunny."

"B—bunny? Is that my pet name now?"

"Is that a problem?" she hummed, softly kissing the bridge of her nose.

Sogo closed one eye, relishing Mizu's lips on her face. She shyly shook her head no, loving it so much. Bunny.

*

After their little walk around the city, they returned back to the Lotus and entered their hotel room. It was nearly 3 AM, and they had only one thing on their list tomorrow. Finding opium, for example. To their dismay, no vendors were selling the drug that night. It was likely relegated through a prescription, so maybe they could find a dealer...