17. Chapter seventeen: 31.12. It will all be over...

Chapter seventeen: 31.12.  It will all be over...

Right now is 23.12.  The day before Christmas.  Amelia, Benji, El and Rihanna agreed to give each other presents at four o'clock on this exact day.  It was snowing outside like it hadn't in a long time.  Since early morning, a snow removal truck has been driving around the city.  Small children were happy, building snowmen, throwing snow around and having fun in their own way.  Adults reminisced about their childhood days, but also talked about old ways.  The trees were slowly but surely bending under the weight of the white powder in the form of snow.  Nature was overwhelming.  Not one poet would happily describe the love for snow and his loved ones endlessly.  Some dogs rolled in the snow and even ate it.  Everything was perfect.  Simply put, it was a dream.  One that will be remembered for many years to come...
Rihanna first stopped by Theo's house.  She sold him gifts.  His mother invited her in with a smile on her face, but she had to refuse. Today she still has to go to Amelia's house.  She had a very bad feeling about meeting someone.  Someone Specific.  Lucas.  Her friends still didn't notice the slight changes in her plans on her days off or the slightly odd behavior.  She is trying to hold on to the fact that he is still single.  Even though she's actually dating the "most handsome" guy in school, who until recently was her archenemy. She tells herself every day that she'll tell them. Maybe not that she's dating Lucas, but at least that she's dating someone  "You can do it," she told herself.  But deep down she knew something was going to happen.  She was standing in front of the gate of her friend Amelia's house.  She had three bags in her hands and was wearing a coat and wide trousers.  She stepped inside.  Everyone else was already there, waiting for her in the living room.  "You can put the presents here," Amelia said with a smile on her face pointing under the tree. There were also bags from all of them. "Maybe we should get presents," Benji suggested.  "Great idea," El chimed in. They swapped bags with each other. Rihanna brought the biggest and Benji the smallest.
Eleanor unwrapped the presents.  The most important things she received were: perfume, a CD by Lana del Rey, a book and a portrait of Taylor Swift drawn by Ria.  The next person who unwrapped her presents was Ria.  She received a book, two CDs from her favorite artists My chemical romance and Lady Gaga, a display figure, lip gloss, lip butter, organizer and earrings.  Amelia was next.  She got a supply of CDs.  Three from Lana del Rey and two from Olivia Rodrigo.  Plus a sleeping mask, skin masks and ballet flats.  Benji finally unwrapped his surprise.  After a long wait, he finally got his dream CD from Taylor Swift.  He also received a CD from Lana del Rey, skin masks, two candles and letters to make bracelets.  All satisfied El enjoying the book, Benji holding the candles in his arms, Amelia enjoying all the CDs and Ria lovingly caressing the figurine were sitting on the couch in the living room.  The atmosphere was pleasant.  Simply perfectly Christmassy.  The environment was made more pleasant by a fireplace transmitted through a mobile phone, because the television did not want to work because of the snow.  Benji stared
out of the window to the snow falling to the ground at the speed of light.  It was truly breathtaking, even majestic.  "I really want to go out," he said, still looking out the window. "Me too," Ria chimed in.  I think we could.  Just for you, I'll have to look somewhere for warmers," said Amelia, and she was no longer in the room. The whole house echoed: "Mommm?"  Rihanna got that strange feeling again.  She was afraid that if they went out, she would meet Lucas there and her friends would force her to follow him.  That would be the moment they could find out they were dating.  "Ria?" Amelia asked, snapping Ria out of her thoughts. "Yes?"

"Do you need some warmers too?"

"No, thanks.  I'll make do with my sweatpants from the gym." Meanwhile, as Ria had long since stood in the corridor dressed as an Eskimo, the others were still getting ready. It took them a good twenty minutes, but they finally got out of there. Ria ran forward into a pile of huddled  of snow.Benji and El started to surround with snow.  Gradually, Amelia and Ria also joined.  "How about we build a snowman?" Amelia shouted happily. "Yes!"  Benji chimed in.  They made one huge ball, into which leaves, grass and some twigs from the ground also got.  Benji was trying to process the chubby figure into the correct shape.  "Looks like the snowman should have Kim Kardashian's ass from my perspective," Ria joked. Benji stared at his handiwork for a moment. "That's an idea. We'll make him have Kim's ass."