Chapter 27

Pratha's POV:
We were kissing, and he was sucking my lips when suddenly I heard Riya's voice saying she was coming into the kitchen. Panic surged through me as I desperately tried to push Garv away, but he held me even closer, not wanting to let go. My heart raced as Riya's voice grew louder, calling out for me. Garv finally released me, and I took in deep, shaky breaths, my chest heaving. He handed me a tissue, a small gesture of concern amidst the chaos. Riya entered the kitchen, her eyes narrowing as she took in the scene.

"Oh, so you're here," she said, her tone laced with surprise. I stammered out a response, my voice trembling.

"Y-yeah," I managed to say, my breath still unsteady. Riya's gaze lingered on me, concern etched on her face.

"What happened, Pratha?" she asked, her voice filled with worry. Garv silently left the kitchen, giving us some privacy. I quickly diverted the conversation, not wanting to reveal the truth.

"Nothing, actually. I have a cough, so..." I trailed off, hoping Riya would believe my feeble excuse.

"Oh, okay," she replied, her tone tinged with uncertainty. Deep down, I knew I couldn't hide the truth forever, but for now, I had managed to escape the consequences of that intense moment.

Riya's POV:

"Oh, I don't think you're able to come with me for Holi shopping," I said, my voice filled with concern for her well-being.

"No, no, I'll manage," she insisted, but her face told a different story.

"No, seriously, you should rest," I pleaded, my eyes reflecting my worry.

"Riya, I told you I'm fine," she replied, her voice tinged with determination.

"Okay, then get ready, and please wear a jacket because I don't want your health to get worse," I said, my tone filled with genuine care. I quickly left the kitchen, feeling a mix of concern and hope that she would take my advice. As I walked out, I noticed Garv Bhai sitting on the sofa.

"Garv Bhai, I think you should go home now," I suggested, my voice filled with a touch of urgency.

"But why?" he asked, confusion evident in his eyes.

"Because today, I don't want any third person between us," I explained, my voice expressing my desire for privacy.

"Okay," he agreed, his voice tinged with a hint of disappointment, and he left the room. Deep down, I knew I shouldn't have said it like that to Bhai, but I couldn't help it. I wanted to talk to Pratha about my relationship with Rishabh, but the fear of her telling Garv Bhai held me back. I think I'll hold off on telling her for now, my heart torn between longing and caution.

Author's POV:
In their latest adventure, Pratha and Riya went shopping at the market. Pratha bought a beautiful lehenga for herself, while Riya opted for a suit. As the days went by, Pratha and Garv's bond grew stronger, and they started chatting at night, too. Now, let me update you on Rishabh's race. He completed the race and, as always, secured the first position. Exciting news! He is also coming back to India, but he hasn't told Riya yet.

Rishabh's POV:
As I walked through the door, I was greeted with warm smiles from my family members. But then, I saw Nani standing there, and my heart skipped a beat.

"Nani..." I exclaimed, my voice filled with surprise and excitement.

"Yes, my child, it's me," she replied, her voice filled with love and affection.

"I came here to choose a bride for you, and I've decided that your marriage will take place in just 5 days." Her words hit me like a whirlwind, leaving me speechless.