Prologue

"You know, I've always wondered why we were always pulled towards Danielle."

A dark-haired girl stopped writing in her notebook, glancing over at her sister who laid on their shared bed.

Her sister met her eyes as she flickered them away from the ceiling, "I guess now we know."

The older girl closed her notebook, facing her sister completely, "it worries me though..."

"Wae?"

She leaned back on her swivel chair, "there hasn't been a reincarnation in a while... We've watched the world for thousands of years with different eyes and Danielle is the first one since the demon king was sealed."

The girl ruffled her hair back, "it makes me worry on why there's a reincarnate of Zelda in the first place... That must mean the seal is weakened enough for the goddess to believe that the cycle has to begin again."

Her sister sat up, "Minji-unnie..."

"Yes?"

"We'll be fine."

The younger girl grinned, "when have we ever lost towards Ganon or the other demon kings? Sure it might be a bit different because of all this new tech, but the ending will be the same."

'The ending will be the same...'

Minji chuckled, "you know for a fifteen year old, you're pretty wise, Hyein-ah."

"Well I wonder why, I wonder how many lives I've been living and remembering all of them at the age of ten."

...

...

...

The two sisters giggled, Hyein falling back onto the bed with a soft thud.

"I wonder when we'll find him..."

"Link?"

"Yeah, who else?"

"What makes you think it's a 'him'? There's been a couple times where Link was a girl."

"Well yeah, but then Zelda was a boy... Which honestly still doesn't make sense to me."

Minji shrugged, "who knows, maybe they're both girls this time."

"That's true..."

Hyein blew at a strand of hair that was on her face, "it's their heart that matters, and if they're willing to protect Zeld- ... Dani-unnie."

Minji hummed, going back to her notebook, "I'm sure they will-"

Ding Dong!

The two siblings looked over to their bedroom door, glancing over to each other before standing up and heading outside to the front door of their apartment.

The two were cautious... Until they heard a familiar knocking pattern.

Minji relaxed her shoulders, "just Dani..."

"I thought she was eating dinner with her parents?"

"I thought so too."

The older girl opened the door after making sure that it really was their best friend.

"Hey Dani."

A brown-haired girl stood at the doorway, her hair up in a messy bun with wire-framed glasses perched on her nose.

"Hey Minji."

A look of concern passed Minji's face, "what's wrong?"

She ushered her inside, frowning even more when their friend, Danielle, refused her offer.