Eight

"Ever done playful sword-fighting?"

"Nope."

"Games that involve that?"

"Nope."

"Martial arts?"

"Nope."

Hyein stopped playing around with a weird dagger that was in her hand, making it disappear into thin air as she glanced at Haerin.

"I've never done any of that, you know me, I don't do sports, no video games either."

"Hmmm..."

Hyein tapped her chin, "well..."

She pushed off her desk, standing straight with a smile, "let's start with basic martial arts then."

"What in martial arts is basic?"

"Just some defense stuff, then we'll move onto learning how to properly fight with no weapons."

Hyein kept her eyes on Haerin as the cat stood up from her chair, "we'll learn this first before moving onto how to use your sword and shield."

"Can I learn all this in time?"

The maknae grinned, stretching a little bit, "I'm sure you can, you'll be fine, Haerin-unnie."

Hyein began to teach the older girl basic defense, and although rusty, she could see that Haerin still had bits and pieces of muscle memory from her past lives.

"Quick question."

"Hm?"

Haerin blocked a punch, "what am I fighting exactly?"

She blocked another attack, "everytime I watch Hanni play the game, she's always fighting weird-looking monsters or some evil-looking bosses."

"That's exactly what you're fighting."

Haerin's mouth dropped, flinching a little when she felt Hyein softly rest a closed fist at her cheek.

"If we weren't training you'd have gotten a bad bruise right there."

Hyein then patted Haerin's shoulder, "you'll be fine unnie, and if it makes you feel better, Minji-unnie and I will be by your side too."

"And hey, you're doing really good right now."

"I am?"

Hyein hummed in response, "mhm! Want to move onto offense after we take a little break?"

The cat softly smiled at the younger girl, thankful for her patient teaching.

"Sure."

"If you're up for it, we can spar a bit after too."

Haerin's mouth dropped again, making Hyein laugh.

"If you're up for it, I won't go full power mode on you either, this is only your first day."

~ ~ ~

"I've never seen you play any instruments."

Minji glanced up at Danielle, a harp with carved birds on it in her hands, "hm?"

"You know how to play it?"

The bear chuckled, "yes I do, I suppose it helps if you've had many lives of practice too."

"How's learning an instrument supposed to help me?"

Minji looked down at the strings, "it'll bring the goddess's power back to you, and hopefully jog some of your memory."

Danielle watched as Minji began to play a song on the instrument after making sure it was in tune, the older girl's slender fingers gliding across as she was able to play with her eyes closed from muscle memory.