Five

TIMESKIP 1 MONTH...

"It's been raining so much..."

"Yeah..."

'This can't just be a Korean storm...'

Minji and Hyein stayed up in their shared room, watching the rain droplets drop onto their bedroom window. The siblings whispered to each other knowing that Danielle and her parents were already asleep, it was almost midnight after all.

But the two girls couldn't sleep at all.

Minji softly muttered out loud, "something big is happening."

The makane nodded, "this isn't just a regular storm..."

'It feels... off.'

Hyein glanced out the window, "if the evil's been sealed for this long..."

She shook her head, "who knows what it'll be."

"They need to know."

The younger girl widened her eyes, her voice still a whisper but her notations showing that she was yelling.

"What??? You know we can't force them to know, and besides, how will they believe us?"

"Yes I know, but it's better for them to know now than them finding out when the evil is already out."

"Minji-unnie..."

The eldest shook her head, "we don't have time, we-"

"Impa."

Minji paused, startled by Hyein calling her that name.

She hadn't called her that name since they first remembered who they really were, and it had been years.

"..."

Hyein gently held Minji's hands, "think about it first, I understand that you're worried, I am too."

And in that moment...

It wasn't Hyein that was talking.

For she was acting more like Impa's older sister Purah rather than Minji's younger sister.

Minji kept quiet for a while, before she looked away with a nod.

"You're right..."

"And if the gods say yes, then we tell them..."

Hyein thought for a moment, "... Will you tell Hanni?"

"She's going to find out sooner or later because of Haerin... I might as well. She could be in danger too, so it'd be better for her to know."

"You've grown soft for her."

Minji's mouth twitched from Hyein's raised eyebrow, "what?"

"You never acted like that to anyone, even Danielle, and Zelda as well."

To that, the bear looked away, pursing her lips, "..."

The taller girl chuckled, rubbing Minij's head.

"Awe, is Impa in love?"

With that question, Minji's eyes dropped in sadness, staying silent.

She knew the likelihood of her dying after the evil was sealed once more was high, if not certain.

That was a sacrifice Impa always made.

But...

She didn't know if she wanted that sacrifice as Kim Minji.

Hyein softly smiled as she pulled her hand away from her head, staying silent as she knew the inner turmoil that her older sister was going through.

"Why was I born the older sister this time?"