Twelve

Ping!

Hanni, who was currently taking up all of Haerin's bed space even with her small body, half-heartedly searched for her phone while only moving her arm.

It was Sunday evening, the two of them (mainly Hanni) procrastinating on their homework that was due the next day.

"What kinda notification was that?"

The Vietnamese girl unlocked her phone, "school email."

"You have your email notifications turned on???"

"Yeah so wha-"

Hanni's jaw dropped.

Haerin, who was swiveling around her chair, paused to stare weirdly at her best friend.

"What, did your teacher say that you were failing a class or something."

"Wh- no why would I be fa- Owwwww."

Hanni rubbed her face as she sat up, picking her phone back up after it landed straight on her nose.

"School's closing."

"Wait what?"

"This past week, you know how there's been monsters popping up here and there?"

"Yeah but they mainly spawned near the outskirts of the city, or outside of it."

"They've been spawning in the city too it seems, and people are getting freaked out from them attacking."

Haerin's heart sped up for a moment, 'they're attacking people other than us?'

"Shit..."

Hanni nodded at her comment, reading what was on her phone.

"Hello students and faculty, due to the sudden increase of dangerous, unearthly beings appearing and causing havoc in Seoul, we will be postponing school attendance until further notice. At this time our utmost concern is the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff, so no work will be given out nor graded until things change for the better. In regards to public safety as said by the Seoul Police, please refrain from walking alone around Seoul at this time, or going out once the sun sets. We wish the best for our school population, and will notify you once more when we, and the police, believe it is safe to open school once more. Thank you for your understanding."

"Has it really been that bad???"

Hanni seemed to read through it again, mumbling, "I guess it has been... Shit man."

"I have to help."

"What?"

The cat stared at Hanni, "I'm their best bet at removing the monsters, I have to help them."

"So you're gonna expose who you are to everyone."

"..."

Hanni stood up, grabbing her bag that just contained her computer and some writing materials with a notebook.

"Let's go."

"Go? Go where???"

"To Dani's place."

"Right now?"

"Yes right now. We need to talk to them too, I'm sure they know about it t-"

Ding!

Hanni glanced at her phone, showing it to Haerin without a word.