One

"Be safe."

Hyein rolled her eyes at her older sister's extra-protectiveness from their new school.

"Nae~ I'll see you guys at lunch."

Danielle giggled as Minji walked her to her first period as well, "won't you be late to your class?"

"I'll be fine, your guys' classes are on the way."

The two stopped in front of Danielle's first period, "I'll see you in third?"

Minji nodded, "mhm, I'll see you then."

"Be safe."

The older girl gave out a small chuckle from Danielle's playing mimicking, "I will."

Minji began to walk more down the hall, mindful of the amount of time she had left until the first bell would ring. But even with her mindfulness, she couldn't help but fall deep into her thoughts as she weaved in and out of students heading to their classes.

'Hyein and Dani will be fine alone right? Sure it's a new school but... It's not that big... Kind of... It's an inside school too, so...'

Her thoughts hindered her other senses to the point where she didn't hear the people around her gawk at how pretty the new student (Minji) was.

Whether she heard them or not, she wouldn't have minded, she stopped wondering why people stared at her a long time ago, mortal human beauty was the least of her worries as a sacred protector.

They could stare if they wanted to, as long as they weren't being weird about it.

'I wonder who the new hero could be...'

Minji's eyebrows slightly furrowed as she kept staring at the space in front of her.

'If Dani had to move to Korea... Surely the Universe and the gods would have known right? So Link must be at this school... But where?'

"YAH slow down!"

"We're gonna be late, idiot!"

'Gah it's only our first day here... I'm sure the hero will pop up soo-'

THUD.

Minji snapped out of her thoughts as someone rammed into her shoulder, the previous stomping of running feet and two voices yelling at each other blank from her senses until the impact.

The dark-haired girl's eyes widened and she quickly grabbed the other student's arm to keep her from falling after their little knock-in.

"Woah, be careful there."

The female student stumbled a little, not falling completely thanks to Minji holding onto her tightly.

"A-ah sorry, sorry."

The student quickly bowed to the taller girl, "I'm really sorry for bumping into you."

"Oh it's okay-"

Minji paused abruptly from a sudden strong gravitation that seemed to pull her towards the still-apologizing student.

'Link...?'

She let go of her arm, "don't... worry about it, it's alright."

Another student caught up to the two, a little out of breath.

"O-oh my God I'm so sorry for my friend, she never watched where she's going."

The student finally looked up, barely meeting Minji's gaze with her cat-like eyes before turning to the other girl.