Six

"You're Zelda, Danielle."

Danielle stared with an agape mouth in silence, before pointing to herself.

"I'm... Zelda...? I'm the reincarnation of this goddess you're talking about?"

"Yes."

"How do you guys know?"

"We can feel it, Minji-unnie and I can feel who Zelda reincarnates as, and who Link reincarnates as."

Danielle stared back and forth between the sisters, "then who... are you two?"

"Minji-unnie's Impa, she's Zelda's- your, caretaker. And I'm Purah, Impa's sister."

The Australian girl had a whirlpool of emotions swirling around in her head.

"Is... that why you two followed me to Korea? Because you guys knew?"

Minji nodded, "yes, it's our duty to protect you..."

But then she chuckled, "and besides, we really do enjoy being your friend as well."

As their conversation about Danielle being Zelda's reincarnation continued, one of the girls kept bouncing her foot, her nerves growing like a parasite around her spine as realization dawned on her.

'Minji's Impa.'

She picked at her fingers, biting the inside of her lip.

'She's going to die, she always does in the games.'

"Wait then who's Link? Do we have to find Link too?"

The sisters glanced at each other from Danielle's question, before staring at Haerin.

The cat flinched from their stare, "..."

Danielle and Hanni glanced over to the second youngest as well, making Haerin speak.

"Me??? I'm Link?"

Minji nodded, "yes, you are."

And from her three words, Haerin knew Minji didn't believe it either.

"You must be wrong."

Hyein shook her head, "we've never been wrong on who's who."

'Hyein seems like she's just going with whatever happens, but Minji... She doesn't want me to be Link, does she.'

...

'She doesn't think I can protect Danielle.'

...

'She's... right...'

"It's not like- Hanni or something???"

"Wh-"

"We're telling Hanni-unnie because she's our friend."

The eldest mumbled under her breath as she looked away, "she deserves to know if people close to her are involved."

"You're telling me that I'm the hero."

Minji glanced back towards Haerin, "yes."

"Well maybe you're wrong this time."

Haerin abruptly stood up, thrusting a splayed hand towards Minji.

"Look at yourself Minji, even you don't think you're right."

The eldest's eyes widened, "wait-"

The younger girl grabbed her bag, glaring at the bear.

"You don't believe that I'm Link either, I'm completely different from who you thought Link would be, huh."