Ten

'Bones...?'

THUD.

Haerin jumped as the slab of stone shut behind her, leaving her trapped in a room filled with stone columns and two piles of bones.

She jumped again as a high-pitched scream seemed to rattle the bones, watching in mixed curiosity and horror as the bones began to reform themselves into skeletons a little taller than Hyein, the two pairs of undead skeletons holding a sword in both hands.

"Fuck."

She cursed under her breath, quickly running out of the corner she was in before the skeletons could walk over to her.

'Thankfully they're sl- what the fuck is that.'

She halted to a stop, quickly dodging as something that looked like a mini and blue version of the monster she fought in the previous room swung its sword down at her.

It screamed, and five more seemed to pop out of nowhere.

Swish.

Haerin's eyes widened as an arrow whizzed past her, if she wasn't backing up to avoid another monster's swing, she'd have an arrow to the head.

'Fuck fuck fuck.'

She quickly glanced up to see a couple of the same blue monsters up on small ledges, only this time they had a bow instead of a sword.

'I should get rid of them first.'

Haerin moved quickly to avoid sword swings and shot arrows, heaving herself up onto the closest ledge as the monster on it narrowed its eyes as it aimed an arrow right at her.

Plink.

The arrow bounced off her shield without leaving a scratch, Haerin slashing at the monster with the time she gave herself.

It dropped its bow and quiver on the ledge, falling onto the ground before turning to ashes.

'A bow... That should make things easier right? Gah Hyein didn't tell me about this!'

Haerin quickly picked up the bow after unsummoning her sword, grabbing an arrow before swiftly putting an arrow in what she hoped was the right way.

She quickly hid behind her shield as she crouched, avoiding another arrow shot her way before drawing the string of the wooden bow back as she aimed at the other monster archer.

Swish.

'Huh. Nice shot I guess.'

The other archer dropped into ashes after a shot to the chest, Haerin quickly backed up away from the edge as a few of the other monsters tried to slice at her from below.

And seeing that there were more arrows to spare...

Haerin grabbed another arrow, nicking it before aiming at one of the melee blue monsters.

...

...

...

Thunk.

Haerin stared as she shot an arrow at one of the skeletons after picking off the blue monsters, dropping the bow to her side after seeing that the arrow had no effect.

It didn't even hurt the skeleton one bit, it just kept staring, seeming to wait for Haerin to drop back down to ground level.

She sighed, making sure she knew where both of the skeletons were and that there would be no one else attacking her before dropping down, immediately summoning her sword once more and going into a fighting stance.