5 Confusion, Frustration, and Desire

-Good, now let's talk about your meeting tomorrow. What's that all about.

Cara explained her mother the Hotel, its purpose and how Lucifer had gotten them a meeting with heaven to convince them that sinners can be redeemed. Through all this, Lilith did not say a word. She seemed skeptical of the whole rehabilitation thing.

-That's the project I've been working on. What I still don't know is how I'm going to explain it tomorrow in heaven. ---Said Cara. 

Lilith took off her sunglasses and left them on the table. ----Cara, my dear, I'm glad that you're able to see the good in our people, but you need to understand... Heaven is not going to open the gates for a bunch of "redeemed" sinners.

Cara frowned. ---- What do you mean by that? Listen, I know it will be  hard and Heaven is hard to talk to... and...

-Cara. I don't want you to go on that trip to Heaven tomorrow. 

-What? Mom, this is all Charlie and I have been working for.

-Listen, if your sister wants to go and make an ass out of herself up there,  it's her choice. But you? Cara you are my pride, you are the smart one, the strong one, you can't lower yourself to your sister's level. 

That stuck a nerve. 

-How dare you say something like that about Charlie? 

Lilith sighted. ---I just don't want you to be crushed by Heaven sweetie. It happened to your father, and it can happen to you too if you don't establish respect for yourself and keep your feet on the ground.

Lilith caressed her daughter's cheek.--- Don't disappoint me Cara. 

-I should go now, I have responsibilities at the Hotel that I have to cover. It was nice to see you mom, next time you disappear for seven years at least let me know.

-Cara

-Yes?

-Don't you want me to take you to the hotel? Or perhaps we could go to the mall instead. We could go get some ice-cream and go to the salon, do our nails just like the old times.

Cara thought about it, she really did. She desperately wanted to spend more time with her mother, whom she had not seen for seven long years and had missed terribly. However, she couldn't, because doing so would be like approving everything her mother had said about Charlie and the hotel, which Cara knew was not right.

-Sorry, Mom, but i can't, I won't say we'll do it next time because we both know it won't happen. Don't worry about taking me to the Hotel, I know the way better than you do.

Oh.... well in that case take care of yourself sweetie, and remember what I told you. 

-Keep my feet on the ground and don't disappoint you yeah I got it. 

-Do not make deals with the radio demon. 

Cara took her coat and left the restaurant. She was disappointed in her mother. Since this place, its people, was supposed to be something she cared about.

She finally got to the hotel and Charlie was waiting for her at the entrance. 

-Cara! You took less than I expected. How did it go with mom? ----Said Charlie with a hug. 

Cara didn't want to tell her sister what her mom said about her and the meeting with Heaven, but her expression gave her away. 

-So it didn't go well. 

She shook her head. 

-Let's forget about it sis, we have a great day tomorrow and...

-Charlie, I won't be able to go with you.