12 Strengthening ties

After her warm hug with Alastor, Cara ran to lock herself in her bedroom to cry. She felt confused, guilty, and weak and she hated feeling that way. She knew she couldn't tell Charlie anything because even though her sister would understand, she would be embarrassed. She had no way of contacting her mother, who could never find out what her daughter had done with Adam anyway, the same went for her father, and with Alastor, she just didn't have that kind of trust yet. Cara was alone, completely alone. However, one person came to mind. She grabbed her phone and pressed call without hesitation.

-I'll see you there then. ——Cara said hanging up the phone, wiping her tears, grabbing a sweater, and leaving the hotel.

Alastor was seething with anger. He wasn't a fool and knew exactly what had occurred in heaven, but he wasn't certain with whom. He could only speculate. Unlike Angel Dust, Alastor felt that sex was a trivial matter. Although he understood it and occasionally indulged in it, it was not something that he was interested in pursuing on a regular basis. Alastor had misjudged Cara, unaware that he had made a mistake. Cara not only desired him, but she was also completely in love with him and would do anything to protect him. Alastor relied on her assistance to attain his freedom and nullify the agreement that had him tied up.

Cara was walking through the streets of hell which were overflowing with suffering and pain with the rain of acid that was falling at that moment. It didn't do anything to the princess or any hellborn, unlike the sinners who screamed in pain and lay dying on the floor with their skin melting with every drop that fell on them.

Cara finally arrived at the promised place knocking on the door. It was 4:30 in the morning, and Cara was beyond tired. She was a little embarrassed to be bothering at that hour, but what she had of tiredness she had it ten times worse in desperation.

The door finally opened and Cara ran towards Carmilla Carmine whom she hugged with all her might. ——I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't know who else to call.

Carmine seemed confused, however, she hugged her back without first giving a long yawn. ——-You are soaked in acid dear, come with me I will take you for something hot to drink or else you will catch a cold.

They both went to Carmilla's large dining room which had pictures and paintings of her and her daughters. Carmilla served the princess hot tea, brought her a towel, and a comfortable sweater, and sat down next to her. ——And tell me, princess, what is so tormenting that mind of yours to call me crying at 4:30 in the morning?

Cara didn't really know why she had turned to Carmilla, doing so seemed right and reasonable. The princess put on the sweater that Carmilla brought her and drank the tea.

Cara ran her hands over her face in frustration. -- Not even know where to start.

Carmine thought for a bit and finally proposed something. ——What if I ask questions and you just nod or shake your head? Sounds good?

Cara nodded her head.

-Is it extermination?

Cara shook her head.

-That Hotel of yours.

She denied again.

Carmine became thoughtful until a small smile formed on her face.

-How about love?

Cara finally nodded her head, leaning on the table.

-Well, how about we start there? Tell me, princess, what's going on with that big heart of yours? ——Carmine said taking a sip of her tea.

-I screwed up, to the bottom. I'm confused, mortified and I can't tell anyone. ——Cara covered her face with her hands. ——Though these problems must seem stupid to someone like you.