10 The disaster dance 2/2

The line finally ended and the two princesses were exhausted.

The two entered the mansion, closing the large door behind them and some Hellhounds accompanied them to the main table next to Lucifer. 

Charlie caught up with Vaggie who was talking to Alastor.

Cara sat next to her father.

-It is always a pleasure to have you as my right-hand dear. ——Lucifer said.

Cara didn't say anything, she just smiled.

-You know it was always easier for you to behave at this party. It was hard having your mom scolding Charlie but you always helped me with your sister.

-I know Dad.

-I've been thinking since I visited your hotel a few months ago and you know, I think I haven't been very fair to you, Cara. You are my firstborn and seeing everything you have achieved I feel that I have not been the father you deserve.

-No dad, look...

-Since your mother left me, I haven't had a very good time. ——He chuckled—— And seeing you somehow reminded me of my failure as a husband, and as a father. However, I want to correct my mistake and it would be a pleasure for me if we spent more time together. You know quality time just the two of us, what do you say?

-I'd love to.

Cara was overwhelmed with happiness when Lucifer, who had been distant with her since she was a child, finally acknowledged her. The guests spent time together, exchanging laughter and passive aggressive comments. Eventually, dinner was served, and each overlord discussed their possessions and companies. Some discussions were short and straightforward, while others required Lucifer's intervention. Carmine negotiated her possessions with another overlord who gave her a large sum of money to set aside part of her arms company. However, Alastor refused to give any of his souls, claiming that he would not fall into extermination. Everything was progressing smoothly until it was the turn of the Vs, who, as usual, only negotiated among themselves. They were about to close a deal when Cara stood up, surprising several people, including her father and Charlie.

-I would like to make you an offer, Valentino.

Valentino smiled and stood up, Angel on the other hand remained crestfallen at his side.

-I'm all ears, Your Majesty.

-I want a soul that is under your domain from what I understand. In the event of an unfortunate death, the soul would pass into my full custody.

-I know the rules your majesty, but tell me, who is this?

-Angel Dust.

Charlie opened her mouth in shock as all the overlords and princes murmured. Cara could notice Alastor's penetrating gaze while Angel looked at Cara with disbelief.

Valentino let out an unpleasant laugh. -- Angel? But I don't understand, Your Highness, what use a dirty slut like him could be to you. Although of course if you are looking for your own pleasure I can suggest better options like me, for example.

-Watch your tongue, Valentino, you are talking to my daughter ——Said Lucifer who penetrated him with his gaze.

-I must say that I agree with the short king, you should not speak to the princess like that. ——Alastor said.

-And who the fuck talked to you? You piece of ill-served shit! —-Vox shouted.

The table was becoming chaos and they had already started throwing food.

-Gentlemen, please. ——Charlie said but no one listened to her.