8 Dirty Little Secret

It has been a few weeks since the cannibals accepted to fight against the angels. There was just a month left until the extermination.  Cara was in her room brushing her hair, getting ready for the day. She was wearing Alastor's necklace, she hadn't taken it off since he gave it to her. Cara couldn't help but blush every time she remembered that day. She was lost in her thoughts when she heard a knock on her door. 

-Come in.

It was Charlie who was holding a letter in her hands, Charlie didn't have to say a word for Cara understand what was happening.

-Oh, I see what's going on---- Cara knew exactly what that Letter was about, her father's handwriting, the elegant envelope and the expensive bow could not be less than the invitation to the annual party of the elite of hell that she and her sister had attended since they were 10 years old. 

-Yep, I almost forgot about it ---Charlie took a sit on Cara's bed. ----  I still don't see the point of dad throwing the stupid party every year before the extermination.

-Every six months from now on, and I don't know if I would call it a party.

The party was an event in which overlords with status, money and influence, negotiate what would happen to their respective businesses and collected souls in case they die in the extermination. Lucifer being the eccentric leader of hell and of course, the host of the meeting always turned it into a big ass party with lots of caviar, champagne, and minor sinners and imps who were auctioned off as slaves to the cruelest overlords of hell. 

-Cara, don't you think we are busy right now to attend that horrible... event?

-Of course I do, but you know dad.

Charlie passed her hands through her face in frustration. 

-Charlie, you know it is our duty to attend the event and welcome the guests. Mom has always told us, as princesses of hell we have responsibilities, no matter how tedious you thik they are. 

Cara had always been more mature than Charlie when it came to fulfilling royal responsibilities and duties. Since they were young, they had been taught to be refined and well-educated, more by their mother than by Lucifer. When they were younger, Charlie was the rebellious and misbehaving one, while Cara was the responsible and polite one. 

However, Cara found it somewhat tedious since it was always the same. Standing at the entrance of the mansion for hours to receive the guests, the banquet that consisted of an appetizer, the main course, and the dessert, the discussion about the possessions of each overlord where there was always shouting and some physical fights, the auction, and a dance. By this point most of the guests are drunk as hell. Normally the sisters only sat at the main table next to their father throughout the evening. Since Lilith was gone Charlie was the one who danced with her father so the last part of the event was always the most uncomfortable for Cara.

-But I don't even understand why they need us there. We always do the same thing, greet and smile. ----Said Charlie who threw herself dramatically on the bed. 

She was right, from the age of ten the princesses only greeted the overlords and the Goetias at the entrance. Suddenly, Cara opened her eyes widely in surprise as she remembered that Alastor had not attended the event for seven years, but what surprised her most was remembering the last time she welcomed him to the event. She was thirteen years old, and by then Alastor still gave her the creeps. 

-Charlie.

-What?

-Do you think dad is gonna invite Alastor?

-Umm, I mean he has to, Alastor might hate him but he is the radio demon after all. You want me to check if he has an invitation?

-Yes please.