Chapter 3

My talk with Maru was all I could think about. I hadn't thought about my crush on Sean for years. It fizzled out when I found out he was talking to someone, and then he started dating her. I even started dating someone after that.

What if he did like me? He's never said that he would take me on a date before, but we've also never joked around about me having feelings for him. I wish me and Maru never talked about this, all I can think about is Sean now.
I took a deep breath, there's no use in over thinking something so small. Sean's tipsy he could've just been feeling himself more than usual.

While texting Nick what everyone's order in the group was I received another text. I looked at it and this is what I saw.

New Message from Sean🙄

'He's not making this easy on me' I thought annoyed. 'If I pretend I didn't see it he'll leave me alone eventually' I said to myself. As I tried to finish writing down what everyone wanted Sean nudge my leg with his knee.

Ignore him and he'll go away ignore him and he'll go away. I heard Sean sigh, 'he's done' I thought to myself. I was wrong.
"Look at your phone" Sean whispered in my ear. I sucked in a breath as I unlocked my phone.

Sean🙄: Why you look like you're going through it

Me: What do you meannn

Sean🙄: You've been spaced out this  entire ride    

Me: it's the ADHD🤪

I quickly responded back.

Sean  snorted at that making me laugh. As the conversation flowed through the group making me feel the most calm I've been all night. Maybe Nick was right this is what I needed. Some time out with my friends.

Walking back into Nick and Sean's house made me feel at ease. The hardest part of the night was over, I was finally able to relax with my friends. "Here you can borrow some clothes" Nick said as he threw some shirts and shorts at me and Maru.

"You can go first, I'm gonna go take off my shoes. My feet are killing me" I told Maru as I started to undo my heels. As soon as I kicked off my heels I took a breath of relief. "You'll never understand how good it feels to take off your heels after a night out" I told the guys stretching out for dramatic effect.

"I thought you brought your crocs to switch into" Sage said taking a bite of his burger. I nodded my head.

"I did but I forgot to bring them with and ended up leaving them right here" I said pointing next to the couch.

"Smart move" Sean said sitting down next to me.

"You know I really wanna hurry up and get out of this dress. Nick I'm gonna get dressed in your room" I said quickly standing up to avoid more time with Sean. As I got dressed I reminded myself to relax, Sean and me have been friends for years and nothing was going to change that. Not even my ability to overthink everything.

By the time I came out of Nicks room they had decided to watch an Adam Sandler movie, and I went back to my spot on the couch trying not to cause too much attention to myself. We all finished eating soon after, when Devin checked the time and seen that it was almost 4am.

"Alright I'm heading out. Veronica you coming with?" I sleepily nodded my head "Alright let me just wake up Sage" Devin said as he threw a pillow at the sleeping boy on the floor. I stood up stretching my arms above my head, yawning as I moved around the living room to pick up all my things.

"Bye" I muttered as I hugged Nick and Sean. I slowly walked with Devin and Sage back to the car and threw my things in the backseat. "I'm so tired" I whined.

"Me too" said Devin starting the car. I looked at Sage who immediately had fallen back asleep in the front seat.

"Do you have work in the morning?" I question Devin my voice breaking the silence.

"Mhm I don't start till 1" Devin responded . I nodded my head. Soon after we arrived at my house. I looked out the window to notice my friend's car signaling she had gotten home before me. I undid my seatbelt as Devin opened the backseat to walk me to my door.

"Thank you" I said hugging Devin goodbye. I slowly opened my door cringing at my dog's bark alerting my friend I was back home.

"Shh" I whispered walking into the house. I quickly made my way to my room where I dropped all my things on the floor waiting to be picked up in the morning.

I slowly moved around my room searching through the dark to find my charger for my phone. After putting my phone to charge for the night I immediately collapsed on top of my bed pulling my covers up over my head.

'I'm gonna regret not taking off my makeup tonight' I thought to myself. 'Oh well that's  a tomorrow problem' I decided as I closed my eyes.

Soon after I felt my dog jump onto the bed to lay next to me and soon after I fell asleep for the night. Hoping to forget everything that took place.