Chapter 8

It feels like the world around us faded away, as if we're the only people in the world. We pulled away to catch our breath and slowly locked eyes again. Sean smiled and pulled me back into a kiss.

We kiss again. The next kiss is the kind that opens the sky. It stole my breath and gave it back. It shows me that every other kiss I've had in my life has been wrong. Sean had moved down to my neck when we were disrupted by the sound of his phone ringing.

Incoming call from Nick

The sudden sound surprised us, causing us to quickly pull alway from each other with red faces.
"What's up" Sean said answer clearing his throat.

"Hey man where are you? You said you and Veronica were just getting lunch with Teann. Are you still with her? I wanted to ask if she chose the outfits for the next podcast yet." Sean looked at me.

"Ya I'm right here." I said. "I was thinking about having us do powderpuff girls and rowdy ruff boys" I said running my hand through my hair.

"Bet who's gonna be who?" Nick said.

"I was thinking that I can be blossom Maru can be bubbles and Cynthia can be buttercup." I told Nick, as Sean placed his hand on my knee causing my breath to hitch. I looked at Sean who was giving em a small smile back.

"Did you hear me?" Nick interrupted.

"I'm sorry say it again." I said to Nick placing my hand on top of his.

"Who are the guys gonna be?" Nick said louder this time.

"I was thinking Sage can be Butch, Devin can be Boomer, and Sean can be Brick. Then you can be the Professor." I said with a laugh.

"Alright do we have to buy anything so we can film?" Nick asked.

"I think we should be good cause it's basic red blue and green and pink for me. The only thing is you need to buy a Dr's coat." I said playing with Sean's fingers.

"Alright then I'll go find one and we'll be good to go for Tuesday" he said hanging up.

"We're already doing couples costumes huh?" Sean said leaning in for another kiss.

"Mmm" I whined while pulling away. "I have to go. I have to edit my YouTube video for today." I said picking up my purse from the floor.

"You can't just wait till later?" Sean said playing with my hand.

"I can't I've been putting it off for a couple days now and I'm suppose to upload today." I said fixing my lipstick that had smeared a bit.

"I'll walk you up" Sean said standing up. I gave him a small nod. He locked his car and walked up to me lacing his hand with mine. "This ok?" He questioned me. I gave him a smile and pulled him along with me.

Soon after we got to my apartment. "Today was fun" I said smiling at him. He pulled me into a hug swaying me back and forth. We slowly leaned in when we heard my dog Linda's bark surprise us causing us to pull apart. "See you soon" I said opening my door.

"See you soon" Sean nodded before he walked away. I closed my door leaning my head against the frame. Trying to process what had just happened. Me and Sean kissed but now we're acting like a couple.

"Oh god Linda. What did we just do" I said flopping onto my bed. I picked up my laptop 'time to work.' I thought to myself. I quickly got to work and before I knew it I had finished .

After I finished I had picked up my phone to check the time. Two hours had gone by. It was now almost 5:30 and I still could only think about Sean. I shook my head I needed to distract myself.
I had to talk to someone about this. It couldn't just be anyone though. Time and Sean share the majority of friends. It needed to be someone I could trust not to tell anyone.

I had originally thought of telling Devin or Sage but even they had said before they aren't able to keep a secret to save their life.

I finally decided on who I could tell. I picked up the phone and called Vanessa. "Hey what time are you gonna be home tonight?" I said playing with my blanket.

"I should be home around 10:30, 11 the latest why?" She questioned.

"Nothing serious I just wanna talk about something" I said reassuring her. "Alright I'll talk to you when you get home" I said hanging up the phone.

I decided I needed to keep busy and keep my mind off of Sean so I decided to take Linda for a quick walk. The quick walk turned into an hour long jog.
When we got back home I decided I would take a shower to help take my mind off of things.

After I finished I still couldn't stop thinking about what had happened so I decided taking a nap would be my best option until she got home. I quickly closed my curtains and turned off the lights pulling my blanket over my head.

The sound of knocking woke me up. "Can I come in?" I heard Vanessa ask.

"Go for it" I said sitting up. She walked in and sat on my bed.

"Whatd you wanna talk about?" She asked playing on her phone. I laid backing putting my pillow over my face.

"Mmrmrmrmmrmr" I said muffled into the pillow.

"What" she asked sounding confused. I moved the pillow so it was off my mouth.

"Me and Sean kissed" I said quickly. I heard her gasp.

"No way!" She screamed "When? How?" I quickly gave her all of the details. "So what does this mean for you guys? Are you guys together now?" She asked leaning forward.

"No we haven't even talked about it" I said playing with my nails. "When I told him I had to leave cause I needed to work on my video for today he was kinda disappointed but we still didn't talk about anything." I said looking down.

"Obviously not" she said. "This is big and it just happened, give it a few days and I'm sure you guys will have it figured out" she said in a knowing voice.

I nodded my head agreeing with her. I said goodnight to her and laying down. I still can't believe it. If you had told 18 year old me that me and Sean had kissed I probably would've laughed in your face.

Just as I was laying down for the rest of night I received a text from Sean.

Sean😒: Goodnight❤️

I smiled to myself and responded back faster than I should've.

Me: Goodnight😊♥️

I put down my phone and fell asleep with a smile on my face, feeling excited and nervous for what's to come.