Chapter 14

I took a breath as I opened the door, "Hey how are you" I said pulling him into a hug.

"I'm doing great" he said squeezing me. " You look beautiful" he said pulling away. I blushed looking down at my shoes. "You ready to head out?" He asked smiling down at me.

I nodded my head "Let me just grab my bag and we're good to head out" I said throwing my purse over my shoulder.

When we were finally sitting in Sean's car I immediately turned to look at him. "So what are we doing tonight?" I asked grabbing him by the arm.

He laughed taking my hand off his arm and locking our hands together. "I already told you it's a surprise" he said with a wink.

I whined leaning my head back against the headrest, "at least let me know if I wore the right clothes for today" I pleaded.

He smiled, "you're just gonna have to find out aren't you"  he said placing his hand on my knee as he started driving to god knows where.

We had been driving for almost 20 minutes and each time we had passed a business that was cool looking or seemed like a good first date we had continued driving past. We had finally reached a stop with Sean pulling into an open space on the street.

When we stepped out of the car I still wasn't sure where we were going. "Right this way" Sean said taking me by the hand. I smiled as he lead the way, pulling me along with him.

When we finally reached our destination Sean pulled open the door for me. "Ladies first" he said winking at me. Walking in I looked around the room and immediately turned to Sean.

"You brought me to do ceramic painting!" I squealed grabbing him by the arm. He smiled noticing how excited I was.

"You use to love ceramics class back in high school and you always said you missed it I thought it would be pretty great to do this for a first date" he smiled sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

"You're so thoughtful" I said hugging him. We quickly got checked in and decided we would both be painting plates.

"What are you gonna paint?" Sean questioned looking at me.

"Hmmm, I think I'm gonna paint some koi fish. What about you?" I asked turning to face Sean.

He shrugged, "I think I'm gonna try a teddy bear" he said reaching for a paint brush.

An hour had passed when we finally finished. "We should right the date on these" I said turning to look at Sean.

"Why" he looked at me confused.

"Because if today goes well we'll both remember our first date, and if it doesn't then we can both remember the day we ruined our friendship" I said laughing.

"You're so dumb" Sean said laughing while rolling his eyes. I picked up my phone to check the time when I noticed Sean writing down the day on his plate.

I smiled picking up my brush to do the same. We went to one of the workers to hand in our plates when she told us we would be notified in 3-4 days when our pieces were ready for pickup.

"Thank you for this" I said leaning in to give Sean a quick peck. When I went to pull back Sean pulled me back in, smiling against my lips.

We soon pulled away from each other and I couldn't help but smile. Sean really is so amazing. "So what's next?" I asked Sean with a smile.

"You wanted more?" Sean asked laughing as he started to drive.

"You're so annoying!" I said hitting Sean on the arm.  "You know we're going somewhere else so just tell me already" I whined.

He laughed, "Like I've told you twice already this is all a surprise. You're just gonna have to wait and see what we do next" he said not taking his eyes off the road.

After about 10 minutes of driving I knew exactly where we were headed. " We're getting Korean BBQ" I squealed turning to face Sean.

He shrugged "Are you sure about that?" He asked me with a smile. I nodded my head. I turned back to look out the window. So far this date has been amazing.

Definitely better than I had expected.