Chapter 35

yall im sorry...

...

That afternoon, after a long day of teaching at UA, Kenzo lounged comfortably on the plush couch in his best friend Shin's living room, a slice of pizza in one hand and a game controller in the other. The TV's soft glow illuminated the space, creating a cozy ambiance as they battled it out on Fortnite. Shin, with his trademark dopey grin, proved to be a worthy opponent, but Kenzo held his ground, their banter filling the room with laughter and friendly competition.

Amidst their gameplay, their conversation meandered from lighthearted jokes to more serious topics, their longstanding friendship allowing for an effortless exchange of thoughts and feelings. Kenzo found solace in Shin's company, his best friend's unwavering support serving as a constant source of comfort.

"You're in a good mood today, Kenz," Shin observed casually, his gaze flicking to Kenzo's face between rounds.

Kenzo leaned forward, a grin tugging at his lips as he pondered Shin's observation. "Yeah, I guess I am. Something happened earlier that's got me feeling pretty upbeat."

Shin raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Spill, dude."

Relaxing back against the couch, Kenzo let out a contented sigh as he recounted his encounter with Fuyumi earlier that morning. He described the warmth of their conversation, the effortless connection they shared, and the inexplicable joy he felt in her presence.

"I dunno, man," Kenzo confessed, a sense of wonder in his voice. "There's just something about her. She's kind, funny, and so easy to talk to. It's like every moment with her is... special."

Shin grinned knowingly, nudging Kenzo playfully. "You've got it bad!"

Kenzo felt his cheeks warm with embarrassment, but he couldn't deny the truth in Shin's jest. "Maybe," he admitted with a sheepish grin. "But it's more than just a crush. There's a real connection there, something that feels... significant."

Shin nodded in understanding, his expression thoughtful. "I'm genuinely happy for you, man. You deserve to find someone who makes you feel that way."

Kenzo offered his friend a grateful smile, feeling a rush of appreciation for Shin's unwavering support. "Thanks, dude. Means a lot."

Shin couldn't resist teasing, "So, am I gonna have to get used to seeing you all lovey-dovey now? Gross."

Kenzo rolled his eyes, his cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "Oh, shut up. You're just jealous."

"Jealous of what? Love?" Shin retorted with a laugh, running a hand through his dyed black hair. "Nah, I think I'll pass."

Kenzo chuckled at Shin's remark, the warmth of their friendship evident in their playful banter. "Alright, fair enough. But seriously, man, have you ever thought about dating? You never seem to go out with anyone."

Shin shrugged nonchalantly, his gaze fixed on the game. "Eh, I've just never found anyone worth the hassle, you know? Plus, I'm too busy kicking your butt at Fortnite."

Kenzo laughed, conceding defeat in the game. "Touché. But come on, everyone's got a type. What's yours?"

Shin paused, considering the question for a moment before responding, "I guess I've never really thought about it. I'm not picky, I guess. As long as they're cool and fun to be around, that's all that matters."