Chapter 43

...

Recovery Girl's words washed over Kenzo like a wave of relief, the weight of uncertainty lifting from his shoulders as he absorbed the news. "Temporary?" he echoed, his voice tinged with cautious optimism. "So... so I'll be able to use my quirk again?"

Recovery Girl nodded solemnly, her gaze steady as she met his eyes. "Yes, but I can't say for certain when it will return," she explained gently. "It could be days, weeks, or even months. It all depends on the nature of the quirk-cancelling effect and how your body responds to treatment."

Kenzo's heart sank at the uncertainty of her words, a knot of anxiety forming in the pit of his stomach. The thought of being without his quirk for an indefinite period of time was daunting, to say the least. But he forced himself to push aside his fears, focusing instead on the knowledge that this setback was only temporary.

"Thank you, Recovery Girl," he said earnestly, his voice filled with gratitude. "I appreciate everything you've done for me."

Recovery Girl smiled warmly, her eyes crinkling at the corners with genuine affection. "You're welcome, Kenzo," she replied kindly. "Just remember to take it easy and give yourself time to heal. Your quirk will come back when it's ready."

With those words of encouragement ringing in his ears, Kenzo felt a renewed sense of determination coursing through his veins. No matter how long it took, he would do whatever it took to regain his quirk and return to his duties as a hero.

As they left Recovery Girl's office and made their way back to the car, Kenzo couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty that lingered in the back of his mind. But he refused to let it consume him, focusing instead on the knowledge that he had the support of his friends and mentors to see him through this difficult time.

Aizawa drove him home in silence, the quiet hum of the engine filling the air as they navigated the familiar streets of Mustafu. Kenzo stared out the window, lost in thought as he contemplated the challenges that lay ahead.

"Kenzo," Aizawa's voice broke through the silence, pulling him from his reverie. "I know this is tough, but remember that you're not alone. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask."

Kenzo nodded, his gratitude evident in the slight quirk of his lips. "Thanks, Aizawa," he replied sincerely. "I'll keep that in mind."

With a nod of acknowledgment, Aizawa pulled up in front of Kenzo's apartment building, bringing the car to a stop with a soft hiss of the brakes. Kenzo stepped out onto the pavement, the weight of the day's events heavy on his shoulders as he watched Aizawa drive away into the night.

As he made his way up to his apartment, Kenzo couldn't help but feel a sense of unease gnawing at him from within. The uncertainty of his situation weighed heavily on his mind, casting a shadow over his thoughts as he prepared to face the challenges that lay ahead.

Kenzo dramatically flopped onto his couch, exhaustion weighing heavily on his shoulders as he sank into the familiar embrace of the cushions. With a weary sigh, he reached for his phone, the bright screen illuminating the dimly lit room as he unlocked it with a tired swipe of his thumb.

As he opened Twitter, his finger hovered over the compose button, hesitating for a moment before he began typing out his message. "Taking a short break from hero duties due to a personal issue," he wrote, his words careful and deliberate. "I'll be back soon. Stay safe, everyone."

With a final tap, he sent the tweet out into the world, feeling a sense of relief wash over him as he closed the app and set his phone aside. But his respite was short-lived, as within moments, his phone began to buzz incessantly with notifications, each one clamouring for his attention with increasing urgency.