UA days 2 (part 1)

...

Kenzo shifted in bed, propping himself up on his arms as he glanced at his alarm clock. The early morning light filtered through the small attic window, casting soft shadows on the walls. He had been hitting the weights and training harder lately, and it showed – in his shirtless state, his muscles were more defined, giving him a sense of pride at sixteen.

His hair, which he had impulsively buzzed after a traumatic shampoo commercial, was starting to grow out. His legs dangled over the edge of his childhood bed, a reminder of his recent growth spurt that the bed hadn't quite accommodated. Sometimes, his feet felt a bit chilly at night, a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

Despite the quirks of his attic room, Kenzo preferred it to the rest of the five-story Hosu house. It afforded him privacy away from the rest of his hellish 'family', especially his stepfather, whom he preferred to avoid. Plus, he could blast his music as loud as he wanted without disturbing anyone. Sure, there were occasional leaks and unexpected visits from bats in his wardrobe, but overall, Kenzo couldn't complain – life was pretty good up in his attic retreat.

Kenzo rose from his bed with a stretch, the strain of yesterday's workout evident in the subtle ache of his tired muscles. He padded across the floor, the soft creak of the floorboards beneath his feet a familiar accompaniment to his morning routine.

Stepping into the shower, Kenzo let the warm water wash over him, melting away the tension that had settled in his muscles overnight. With a satisfied sigh, he lathered up with his favourite shower gel, relishing in the comforting aroma that enveloped him like a warm embrace.

Emerging from the shower, Kenzo stood before the sink, toothbrush in hand, as the upbeat melody of "The Feels" by Twice, a popular K-Pop group, filled the air. Humming along to the music, he brushed his teeth with a sense of purpose, the rhythmic motion invigorating him for the day ahead.

With his teeth sparkling clean and his hair tousled into a semblance of order, Kenzo turned off the music and returned to his room to get dressed. Slipping into his UA uniform: a crisp white shirt, a pair of green pants and his blazer, he left the tie behind, opting for a 'cool guy' look.

As he surveyed himself in the mirror, a sense of optimism washed over him. Ready to tackle whatever challenges the day had in store, Kenzo felt a surge of confidence coursing through him. Slinging his rucksack over one shoulder, he set off to seize the day, knowing that he was prepared for whatever lay ahead.

Kenzo slipped into a pair of sneakers and quietly exited the front door, eager to escape the confines of his family home. As he stepped outside, he quickly plugged in his earphones, nodding along to the music blasting into his ears. The upbeat rhythm of "I Can't Stop Me" by Twice filled him with a surge of energy, a smile tugging at his lips.

With determined strides, Kenzo made his way down the familiar path to Dennis's house. The morning air was crisp and refreshing, a welcome contrast to the stifling atmosphere he had left behind. Pressing the doorbell, Kenzo waited, the pulsating beat of the music still echoing in his ears. Moments later, the door swung open, revealing Dennis's mother standing on the threshold. Kenzo's heart skipped a beat as he caught sight of her, pausing his music and taking his earphones off.

He had always found Dennis's mother attractive, a fact he didn't hesitate to make known.

"Good morning, Mrs. Tsukomi," Kenzo greeted her with a charming smile, his voice dripping with charisma as he ran a hand through his short blonde hair.

In response, Dennis's mother returned his smile, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "Good morning, Kenzo. Dennis will be down shortly. Would you like to come inside and wait?" she offered, her voice warm and welcoming.