Killers

((Elena))

""Did you find him?" Dean asked gently.

Elena felt tears burn the back of her eyes, but she didn't let them fall. She stared into Dean's beautiful green eyes, and said, "Yeah I found him." But that wasn't as good as you'd think.

-

Elena discovered Stefan hiding out in a house at the edge of Mystic Falls. It was abandoned, put on the market years before, but no one seemed to want it. There were a few mangled bodies scattered throughout the house, and by scattered... Let's just say they were ripper victims. They just added to Stefan's body count.

When Elena stepped inside the house, she brought a hand up to her mouth, tears collecting in her eyes at the carnage. She couldn't believe that Stefan had fallen this far off the wagon. Before Elena could go anywhere, there he was, standing right in front of her, blood on his lips and a blank expression on his face.

"Whatcha doing here, Elena?" Stefan asked in a carefree voice.

"What are you doing, Stefan?" Elena countered, looking around at the limbs scattered around the floors. "Why are you doing this?"

Stefan looked indifferent. "I think you know the answer to that question." He said, taking a step into the other room. Elena didn't even know how to answer that. Stefan turned back to Elena, spreading his arms out to gesture to the whole house. "This is for you, Elena. You broke my heart, and now..." He glanced at a few of the bodies, shrugging like he couldn't care less. "Now I'm breaking a few others."

"How could you do that?" Elena asked. "How could you just turn it all off?"

He cocked his head. "What was I supposed to do, buy a gallon of ice cream and sit on the couch watching soap operas and crying?"

"Well it's better than killing people!" Elena retorted disbelievingly.

"Yeah? Well it's not my fault that you left me for my own brother!" Elena opened her mouth to say something, but before she could, Damon walked through the door. "Of course you would be here!" Stefan shouted. 'You know, you have impeccable timing!"

"Stefan stop." Damon ordered calmly. "You have got to stop killing people! The cops are onto you."

"What, Liz? I think I can handle her-"

"No, Stefan, not Liz." Damon interrupted angrily. "The freaking FBI are here, looking for you!"

"So?"

"So, you're gonna get thrown in prison, Stefan, and I won't be able to help you!"

"You can't help me now!" Stefan shouted back. All of a sudden he was behind me, holding my head like he was going to kill me. "You can't help anyone."

"Stefan don't!"

"What can you do, huh?" Stefan said, his voice tight with anger, making Elena cringe. She stood rigid, afraid to move, afraid of Stefan. "You know if you make one move she's dead."

Then all of a sudden, the grip on Elena's head disappeared. She gasped, turning around to see Stefan on the ground, a stake stuck in his heart, his skin growing gray. I looked up to see Samuel standing over him, a regretful look in his eyes.

"What the hell did you do?" Damon yelled, his eyes filled with hatred. He ran at Samuel, knocking him to the ground.

But before Damon could kill him, Sam came up behind him and drove a stake through his heart. Elena put a hand over her mouth as she watched Damon's body fall next to his brother's. Elena felt tears fall down her face when it registered to her that the one she loved was dead. She looked at Sam with grief and trauma. "That wasn't part of the plan!"