I'm So Sorry

((Elena))

Elena put her hand over her mouth as the smell reached her nose, refraining from gagging. Even the sound of Dean's hand moving around inside the guys stomach was disgusting. He chuckled when he saw her.

"You good?" He asked, not looking up from his work.

Then Elena did gag. Dean just smiled. She heard a stick break and looked up to see Sam coming towards them, his jacket ruffled from crouching under the low-hanging branches. "No EMF. Find anything in there?" He asked as he came closer. The sounds of kids playing at the park on the other side of the undergrowth didn't cease. Elena couldn't believe no one saw them or the body they were vandalizing.

Dean slid his gloves off, picking up the thing he'd set on the ground. "Yeah, I got some sort of claw..."

Sam looked over Dean's shoulder, a confused look dominating his expression. "What in the hell has a claw like that?"

Dean quickly pulled out his phone. "That's a good question." He muttered. He stood with the phone to his ear for a long while, passing Sam a weird look.

"Maybe he's in the can." Sam offered.

Then Dean's expression changed, and I heard a muffled voice on the other line. "What happened, you fall and can't get up?" Dean teased. Elena punched him in the arm, and he glared at her playfully. "We're in Wisconsin. Six bodies, chest cracked wide open. No EMF, no sulfur, no hex bags... We did find this though, hold on." He said as he pulled his phone away from his ear to take a picture. When he'd sent it to Bobby, he said, "Alright check your wang," putting him on speaker for everyone to hear.

"That's a new one." Bobby said through the phone.

"Yeah, we're gonna need an ID ASAP." Elena chimed in. "This thing's on a rampage. Call us when you pick something up."

"Guys, I'm a little busy."

"Well then kick Bo Derek out of your bathtub. We've got a case here." Dean instructed.

"I'll call you back..."

Dean clicked a button and stuffed the phone back in his jacket pocket. Then he looked at Sam. "Alright, I'm going to head back to the motel, see what extra lore I can dig up. You should go to the morgue and check the other bodies."

Sam nodded and looked expectantly at Elena. "You want to come?" He offered.

But Elena got a weird feeling in her gut when she looked into Sam's emotionless brown eyes. She never admitted it, but something was just off about Sam. She didn't know him before that case in Mystic Falls, but for some reason, she just felt like he wasn't who he said he was. It made her uncomfortable. "Actually, I think I'm going to go with Dean." She turned him down, stepping the slightest bit closer to Dean. "You know, do some research."

Dean raised his eyebrows at her, surprised by her choice. Sam seemed surprised, too, but he didn't protest. "Okay, sure." He said, unfazed, before turning around and disappearing into the trees.

When he was gone, Dean turned towards, looking like he was going to say something, but he stopped himself. "So are we going, or are we just going to stand next to the dead body, staring at each other all day?" Elena asked, smirking at him.

Dean narrowed his eyes at her, but grinned. With saying a word, we retreated to the impala.

-

The whole ride, Elena could not stop thinking about Sam. She couldn't quite put her foot on what she thought was wrong with him. It bugged her like crazy, because whether she liked it or not, she liked Sam. He was an amazing hunter, smoother than butter, and his hair was undeniably awesome. Elena had long since gotten over what he did to Damon, but sometimes she would think back on it, and it only contributed to her conundrum. Sam killed Damon without blinking an eye, even though he'd done nothing. They were after Stefan and they took Damon down with him.