Lullaby

((Dean))

"Come here." Samuel ordered, bringing Dean into a tight hug. Dean was immediately overwhelmed with questions for him. He could barely hug him back because he was so shocked. He finally pulled away, searching Samuel's eyes for answers. Samuel must have seen the look in Dean's eyes because he turned to the others and said, "Guys, give me a minute with my grandsons, please."

They exchanged glances with each other, and Mark finished loading his pistol, standing up and joining Gwen and Christian on the way to the other room. Dean's eyes never left Samuel's face. "Lotta resurrections in your face today. It's okay, take a minute." Samuel said to Dean.

"It's gonna take a little more than a minute." Dean replied, disbelief making his comment sound harsh. "I mean, what the hell? H-How did this happen?"

"We're guessing whatever pulled Sam up pulled me down." Samuel admitted.

"So whatever this is, we're both a part of it." Sam added.

Dean looked from Sam to Samuel. "But you don't know what that is." He guessed.

"Bingo." Samuel answered.

"And you have no leads...?" Dean inquired. "Nothing." They both shook their heads. Dean started to turn away, overwhelmed. "Well this-this is uh..." He wiped his mouth, trying to calm his nerves. Sam sighed. "No more doornails coming out of that door, is there?" Dean continued.

"As far as we know, it's Samuel and it's me." Sam answered.

Dean nodded, surprised by how calm they were. "'Kay, am I the only one th-that thinks that this can't all just be fine?" He demanded.

"Believe me you're not." Samuel answered. "I wanted to come get you, of course. But Sam was adamant about leaving you out, so we did. Until now."

Dean averted his gaze. "Right. Why now?"

"I got hit a few days ago, dosed up with poison." Sam answered for Samuel.

"By?"

"Couple of Djinn."

"Djinn? I thought those w-were cave-dwelling, hermit-type. That's pretty exotic."

"Not anymore at least. These look like regular people. They can blend in, and all they gotta do to kill you is touch you. The toxins get in your system, you start hallucinating your worst nightmares, and then pretty soon you O.D." Sam explained.

"Then how are you breathing air?" Dean asked.

"Samuel had a cure."

Dean looked at Samuel with surprise. "You had a cure for Djinn poison?" He asked in awe.

Samuel looked offended and smug. "Oh I know I few things. Stick around and I'll show you tricks your daddy never even dreamed of." Samuel offered.

"Uh, okay why are these things after us?" Dean asked Sam.

"Well, you did stake one a while back. After they came after me, we were pretty sure they were gonna go gunning for you next." Sam guessed.

Realization hit Dean like a knife in his heart. "Lisa and Ben. They're at the house right now. If that thing comes back-"

"It's alright, I already sent someone over there to watch 'em." Samuel tried to reassure Dean.

But he wouldn't listen. He pointed to Sam. "You gotta take me home right now." He demanded as he turned away.

"Elena!" Sam called the woman's name and we ran to the car.

-

((Sam))