Borderline

((Hey guys I just want to let y'all know this chapter is going to be somewhat short! Sorry it took so long!))

((Dean))

"Two weeks, Sam! It's been two damn weeks since Elena disappeared, and we still have no idea where she is!"

Dean was screaming even though Sam was right next to him. Sam sighed and closed his eyes, unsure what to think of Dean at the moment.

"Dean, look. Bobby's been looking, keeping tabs, telling other hunters to put her on their radar." He started calmly. "It's just taking a little bit longer than expected."

Dean looked over at Sam incredulously. "How can you be so calm about this?" He demanded.

Sam shrugged. "Truth is, Dean, I don't know her as well as you do. I just knew her that few days before she went AWOL."

"Oh you knew her a whole lot better than that." Dean said, more to himself than Sam, without thinking about it.

Sam knitted his eyebrows, turning his body as much as he could in the front seat of the impala. "What are you talking about?"

Dean silently cursed himself, shaking his head. "Nothing. It's nothing."

Sam wanted to say more, but Dean wouldn't let him.

"Where did Robby say he saw her?" He asked, changing the subject.

Sam sighed, looking back at the map. "He thought he saw her in a town called Mystic Falls, Virginia." He replied, staring at the little dot in the upper right corner of the map.

Dean clenched his jaw. "You've got to be kidding me." He mumbled.

"What?"

"Dammit!" Dean slammed his hand down on the steering wheel, immediately regretting the pain that flowed from his wrist into his now trembling fingers.

"Dean!" Sam exclaimed, trying to take Dean's hand to examine it, which only reminded Dean of that time in the basement with Elena. He ripped his hand away from Sam, continuing to drive like nothing was wrong.

"It's fine, Sam!" Dean insisted, ignoring the angry look he got.

"Fine. What's so bad about Mystic Falls that you had to nearly break your hand because of it?" Sam inquired.

Dean clenched his trembling fist, not wanting to show Sam the pain he was in. "Mystic Falls is Elena's hometown. I don't know why I didn't think to check there first." He admitted, cursing himself once again without hitting the steering wheel.

"Why would you? I mean she left, didn't she? Why would she go back?" Sam inquired, casting a concerned glance at Dean's now visibly shaking fist.

Small waves of pain rolled from Dean's fingers to his wrist and up his arm, causing him to wince. "Her best friends are there," was all Dean could manage.

Sam was about to ask another question when he saw Dean's jaw clench. "Dean, are you sure your okay?"

"Yes, Sam. I'm fine." Dean grunted. "How do we get to Virginia?"

"Dean-"

"I said how do we get to Virginia?" Dean repeated.

Sam let out a frustrated sigh, studying the map. "Take this right."

Dean turned sharply, barely making the turn. "Thanks for the heads up!"

~

Dean drove all night to get to Virginia. Sam fell asleep about an hour in, so Dean was alone with his thoughts.