𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | prom

"SO... YOU'RE GOING WITH TERESA, HUH?" Minho said, sitting on the edge of his bed as he watched Thomas fixing himself up in the full-length body mirror.

"Mhm..." Thomas, slightly too focused on his looks to be too engaged in the conversation mumbled, running his fingers through his hair and shaping it.

"Yeah... okay, so—" Minho thought for a second, trying to figure out how he wanted to approach this all, "You excited? To take her to the dance, I mean?"

Thomas adjusted to his tie, "Oh my god, this is about the Newt thing again, isn't it?"

"Thomas, it's always going to be about the Newt thing," Minho chuckled, "Okay, c'mon, you don't want to have this talk over and over again, and I don't want to either, so—do you like him?"

"Stop," Thomas made eye contact with Minho before shifting his gaze back to the mirror.

"Just give me an honest answer,"

"Look—" Thomas left his spot in front of the looking glass and strode up to Minho, "You want an honest answer, Min? I'll give you one: I don't know. I don't know if I like him or not, okay? Maybe if you stopped bombarding me about it, I could figure it out."

Minho's expression showed shock for a moment, but then it softened before turning into a cheek grin, "So, I was right."

"Okay, shut up. I said I don't know, dumbass. Doesn't mean I like him." Thomas denied, walking back over to the mirror to resume his admiration of himself.

"It does, though, doesn't it?" Minho stood up, "You being unsure of your love for Newt means that there's at least something there. If there wasn't anything, you wouldn't be in this situation."

Thomas scoffed, "Let's resume this conversation another time, please? I'm about to take a wonderful girl to prom—"

"You're taking a girl who is head over heels in love with you while you're in love with someone else," Minho stated, "You're not doing Teresa any more good than you are to yourself."

Thomas sighed, "I know, I know... just—I don't want to ruin the night for her, okay? Whether I love Newt or not, I just want to let Teresa have a nice time."

Minho looked at Thomas for a second or two before reluctantly nodding his head, "Alright. But... Thomas, this is a risky game you're playing here, okay? You're walking on an unstable bridge right now: one step in the wrong direction and everything turns to shit, you get me?"

⥃☕︎⥂

"Alright, see you in a bit," Thomas farewelled as Minho, who's head dipped in acknowledgement continued walking forwards past Teresa's dorm.

Thomas took a deep breath before raising a fist, knocking on the wooden door. Frantic steps and the knob jangling followed before, soon enough, a beautiful girl in a long, emerald green dress, along with matching jewelry of the gem that was hanging around her neck and on her earlobes answered the door.

"Hey," She greeted, closing the door behind her as she exited her room to join Thomas out in the hallway.

"Um. Hey," Thomas choked. She looked really pretty tonight, without a doubt, but that wasn't the cause of the slight waver in his voice.

"Yeah, hi," Teresa smiled, "Alright, ready to go?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course." Thomas slipped a hand into his right pocket to make sure he had his phone, and then took it right back out, "Let's go."

As they walked, Thomas apologized, "Sorry for not getting you a corsage or anything. This—" He gestured between the two of them, "Was kind of planned at the last minute, so I didn't have the chance to go buy one."