𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | love actually

A/N

just wanted to let those who have been reading along with me as i post these chapters (thank you! your support gets me through this and really motivates me) that i did change something in the previous chapter. instead of newt staying at prom, he left as thomas and teresa were dancing - after the slow dance, thomas and the others notice him gone, so thomas goes to look for him :)

-

please, please, please, let me me get what i want.
- the smiths

-

NEWT walked out of prom with a slight quickness in his feet. He avoided anyone's gaze, allowing his hair to fall down and cover his eyes. He fidgeted with the hem of his cuff, hurrying up and down the stairs to head to his dorm room.

He shut the door behind him, leaning against the wall and immediately pulling out his phone and going to dial Lizzy's number. It rang for a bit before hitting voicemail.

"Fuck, fuck, Lizzy, where are you?" Newt mumbled under his breath, pressing the 'call again' button on his screen to ring Lizzy a second time.

Unfortunately, the call hit voicemail. Again.

Newt rubbed his face with his hand, sliding down the side of the wall and sitting on the ground. He had his knees tucked up, and he wrapped his arms around them and hugged himself for comfort.

He knew why he was reacting like this—to seeing Thomas and Teresa dance with each other. It was because he loved Thomas.

Fuck, that felt weird to truly admit to himself, and he'd realized it for some time now. And they've only known each other for, what, three weeks? Newt's logical side of his brain was screaming at him, telling him that it couldn't be true love since it was only developed in such a short amount of time. But his heart was telling him that it was.

To his credit, the two of them had hung out countless times, practically every day, back-to-back. Whether it was for tutoring, being in class, hangouts with Minho, working on the project with Teresa, or even just getting together to do fun things like the trip to the museum or the baking contest, Thomas and Newt had grown close. As two would.

Newt sighed, before letting out a soft chuckle. His original thoughts of his growth with Thomas over the days had raced back to the beginning, to when they would poke meaningless insults at each other, making Newt laugh.

Just then, he heard a knock on the door. Newt turned his head to the right, glancing up at the closed door.

A couple seconds passed by, "Newt? Newt, you in there?"

It was Thomas. Newt hesitated to answer the door, still feeling down about everything that has happened so far that night. But, he reluctantly got up and turned the door knob, coming face-to-face with the boy.

"Newt," Thomas said as soon as he saw the blond's face, "Are you okay? Did something happen?"

"I..." Newt stammered, "I didn't feel good, so, you know..."

"Oh," Thomas looked Newt up and down, "You look fine."

"I just have a headache,"

"Ah, okay, that makes sense." Thomas slipped his hands into his pant's pockets, awkwardly standing around as there was a deafening silence between him and Newt, who was staring at the ground.

"Um—" He then started up, causing Newt to gaze up, "Do you want me to stay with you or something? Maybe help you get rid of that headache? We can watch movies or something,"