𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 | loved, fully

please please please let me get what i want.
- deftones

-

THE door clicked shut, prompting Newt to raise his head as he laid down on his bed to look at the boy who had entered the dorm.

Gally met his eyes, not saying a word before quickly taking off his jacket and putting it around his desk chair. He walked to the bathroom, running his hands under the sink faucet in silence. Afterwards, he went to his bed and sat on top of it, leaning back and resting against his headboard. He pulled his phone out of his pocket to begin scrolling endlessly on his socials.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Newt just—laying there. Doing absolutely nothing, staring at a fixed spot on the wall as he zoned out and sat with his thoughts.

"I'm leaving tomorrow to go back home," Gally then said, turning to his left to face Newt, "And dorm assignments are changing for next school year, so... I don't know, this is the last you'll really see of me, I guess."

"Hm," Newt acknowledged, avoiding Gally's gaze and just continuing to look at the wall.

Gally watched this, "Um, yeah, so tomorrow morning I'm gonna be getting up early for my flight, so just be warned that I might wake you."

"Mhm," Newt nodded his head subtly.

Gally groaned, "Can you like—actually fucking respond?"

Newt's head finally swiveled to his right and met Gally's, "Sorry."

Gally sighed roughly, "Shit," He rubbed his face, "Is something wrong?" He asked, putting his phone down.

Newt took a moment to respond, "... What?"

"Are you—is something bothering you? You're acting weird," Gally added.

"Yeah, okay, and how would you know if something was up? Maybe this is how I normally act," Newt scoffed softly, adjusting his position on the bed.

"You know what I mean," Gally rolled his eyes, "You're just awfully quiet, I don't know. I'm just trying to help,"

Newt shook his head, "And you cared since... when?"

"Shut up," Gally dismissed, "Did something happen between you and Thomas or something?"

"It's none of your business, Gally." Newt shut down, pulling his hoodie over his head.

Gally hesitated to continue speaking, wondering if he was pushing too far. But with the position he was in, and considering him and Newt's relationship already, he decided to just continue, "Just tell me, I'm all ears."

"You're just gonna laugh at me and yap about how you were right all along,"

"No, I won't," Gally disagreed, sighing, "Listen, I'm sorry for... acting like a dick to you lately. It's just that you sort of clung on to me since I was your only friend, and I had to separate myself from you, you know?"

Newt looked at him blankly, "Yeah. Yeah, I understand," He paused, "Sorry for sticking to you like that. I just—there was a time when you were a true friend of mine."

"It's okay," Gally smiled softly, "Now, tell me about you and Thomas. Surely you two are just acting like fools or something."

"What, you're supportive of us?"

"Thomas may not be my favorite guy, but he makes you happy, doesn't he? Plus, he's had his good moments." Gally answered.

Newt laughed, "Yeah. But basically, he told me that he isn't coming back next year because he couldn't win the scholarship."