~Chapter 15~

Recap:

"No, she's not, You barely got to know her side of the story. How can you believe what others say about her. She's in so much pai-" I shut him away not wanting to hear more of what he says. He howls wanting to be out, but I really don't want him to change my mind. I'm set on what I think. With that, I get out of my car and head towards the elevator.

~~~~~

Am I dreaming? I'm surrounded by never ending flowers. The wind blowing lightly through my hair with the sky blue as it can be; clouds nowhere to be seen. I'm not dead am I? I'm wearing a white maxi dress, and I don't remember how I got here. It's really so peaceful here; I don't want to leave and go back to reality unless this is reality and I'm actually dead.

Just then I hear the sound of a musical laughter behind me.

"My dear child, you're not dead." I turn around and standing there is the Moon Goddess smiling. "You're here because I called you here." She says as she walks toward me. "What you're doing is causing serious alterations to your future, and to others as well," she says concerned.

My thoughts go blank, and I didn't know what to say just then. It's like my mind shut down, and I couldn't comprehend what she was saying. "What I'm saying is the plan you're planning is going to affect others' futures as much it does yours." She picks a daffodil from the sea of roses and puts it gently behind my ear.

As she does this, I think about what she said. Do I really have the effect of changing other people's future this way in the worst ways? I think about my parents, and I don't see how changing my attitude and look would affect them in the slightest way, since they were always open with whatever I had in mind. The next person was Cillian, and that's where it clicked. I'm doing this too for him, and for him to get his mate no matter how much of a bad person she is. "I don't understand. What does me changing how I am making a difference in people's futures? Every single decision a person makes always has a change in the future no matter what they decide."

"He's affected in a way that would hurt him, my dear child," she looks at me with a look that makes my insides churn. "How?" I ask her holding my stomach from the pain. She comes more towards me and grabs my hand, "Here, let me show you." Everything turns to white. It's blinding, and my eyes start to hurt. I shield my eyes with my other arm, but before we pass through, I wake up.

Sitting up in bed, my body full of sweat, I look to my left to see there's someone sleeping next to me.

~~~~~

(Two days before)

"Natalia, dear, what attire have you planned on wearing to Julia's birthday party?" my mother asks me as she elegantly slurps her soup. I, honestly, don't know how a person can slurp soup in that way. It's nearly impossible to slurp and not look sloppy.

"Dear, are you okay?" I snap out of my thoughts and focus on her talking to me. "Huh?" She gives me a look, and repeats what she just asked me along with, "do you have anyone in mind to be your date for that night?" She looks down again and starts again with her soup.

I think about it and the only decision I have is to go to Cillian. I mean, who else am I supposed to go with? I don't have any other guy friends and also we've been planning this for the past two weeks. The weeks full of makeup and dresses. It's unbelievable of how many dresses I tried on. I think I've tried more dresses than a teenager girl looking for her perfect prom dress. Come to think of it, I probably tried out all of the dresses in my size in that dress warehouse Cillian and I found off of yelp. Surely, thousands of choices were there. It took us five days, 5 hours a day, to make our rounds and finish with the final 3 choices of dresses, in which we just bought all three.