~Chapter 16~

Recap:

I open my eyes abruptly. In front of me is Mason, his hands on my shoulders, and I just noticed that he's been trying to wake me up. I look up at his face, and his face looks upset. That's when I realized I totally dissed him earlier. "We need to talk, Mia Cara."

~~~~~

I stare at him with wide eyes. At that moment, I didn't know what to do. Should I just tell him I knocked out before he sent his last message? Tell him I took a sleeping pill and thought it'd be best to handle whatever it is in the morning?

He sighs deeply and lets go of my shoulders. "I came here to tell you that you are mine, and mine only. I don't want anyone touching you in that way earlier at all. You belong to me. You can't just go to someone else " He doesn't even make eye contact, instead he's facing the other way with his hands in his pockets. "Let's go somewhere else." He starts making his way to out of my room.

This gets me worked up. He's there showing off his Jules, and I'm stuck being a bystander to their love. Hell, Cillian and I are just pretending, and he has the nerve to tell me that I can't be with anyone else besides him? I'm not having anymore of this nonsense, and that's where I come up with a plan to challenge him. Nothing is holding me back from what I'm about to say. I follow him out of the house, and we head into the forest a few blocks down.

We walked in silence, but I know we're thinking of things we're going to say to each other. All of a sudden, he stops and is the first one to speak. "I'm your Master, Mia Cara. Never forget that you're my slave. You agreed to it. In fact, I should've taken you by now, but I haven't because everything is always busy for me, plus if I do have time, I don't want anyone to see us together. I can't let that happen to my Jules."

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. Utter silence spills between us, and I should've said what I wanted to say the whole time we came all the way here, but nothing. Nothing? Really, Natalia? I shake my head in disbelief.

He doesn't notice, but starts to speak again. "My wolf and I can't hold much longer, and we want you soon. Don't be surprised if we take you out of nowhere. We want to feel our mate and finally make you ours."

I have nothing to say to this because I'm in full disbelief right now. I want to ask him so badly, really now? Really? But all that comes out of my mouth is a simple question in which the answer will surely break off another piece of my heart off.

"Will you mark us?"

He looks at me sternly. His eyes, from the moonlight shining through the trees, look like a stormy gray, and it looks like doomsday. I'm prepared for the impact the answer would give me, but I didn't expect it to hurt so much when he finally answers. "No... I don't want to mark you at all."

It's not a piece of my heart that breaks off, but multiple pieces that do and disintegrate to the pit of my stomach, feeding it its disgustingly painful feeling. I try not to cry, and thankfully I succeed in not doing so. They wanted to come out so badly though, I can feel the stinging from my tear ducts. I nod in response losing all my strength I've pent up.

He gives me another stare before nodding. "I'll see you tomorrow night at the party." With that, he leaves me alone in the trees. I stand there for awhile longer, until I get enough motivation and strength to walk back home.

~~~~~

I'm crying in the arms of Cillian. I told him everything that happened during the night, and he's here rubbing my back and giving me words that should be helping, but they really aren't. He came over first thing in the morning. I wasn't able to go back to sleep. When I got into my bed, the tears fell from my eyes, and I couldn't stop them. Seeing me cry, he rushed over and pulled me in his arms. We've been in this position for awhile now because I can't seem to stop.