~Chapter 3~

Recap:

"So what do you say?" he huskily asks. I look up to him, and my gaze rests entirely onto his hypnotic eyes. "Yes, yes I'm yours," I tell him. "Excellent. Now let's talk about rules." He grins broadly, and I get an uneasy feeling of what he's going to say. I, then realize, I just made myself, my mate's slave.

~~~~~

"Let's discuss this manner in a different location some other time, but certainly soon." I didn't know what else to say, so I stood there dumbly and just nodded. He leaves to exit he room without saying anything. It wasn't until the door closes that I remembered how he's going to contact me since we just met. AND I STILL DIDN'T GET HIS NAME!

I rush out the door and try to catch up to him, but when I get down the stairs to where the party was, I see him dancing with his fiancé. Watching them took a blow to my pride. I just made an agreement for me to be his slave, when he's not off to go somewhere with his high-in-society, soon-to-be-bride. Around them, everyone's either trying to chat with them, taking photos of them, or just basically having a good time overall.

I don't belong in that at all. I never was supposed to be. I knew I was different from other Lycans ever, since I believed I wasn't mate-worthy. Just earlier, I thought I had a chance at being his mate, even if I were only to be his slave. Tears brim my cheek at my utter idiocy, as I look down. I don't want to look at anyone let alone still be here at this stupid party. And with that, I start speed-walking towards the exit, finding somewhere else to stay for the night.

~~~~~

I ended up staying at a nearby hotel for the night. I didn't have any friends to have a 'sleepover' with. Clearly, my mother was going out of her mind with worry, since I didn't tell a soul where I went off to. With that, I did all I could to freshen up, but just ended up washing my face and rinsing my mouth with water from the room's bathroom sink. I tried combing through my hair with my fingers, but stopped since my hair still didn't make so much progress. I left the room, but remembered I didn't bring anything with me last night besides myself.

I slapped my palms to my face and dragged them down in frustration. How am I supposed to get out of this situation. Trudging to the elevator, going down to the lobby, and walking up to the front desk. I explain to the guy that I forgot to bring money. He explodes and ends up yelling at me, loud enough that everyone in the hotel lobby turns to look at the commotion.

"I'm sorry, I'll give you my address so you can pay for the bill."

"No! No! No! Truly unacceptable! Who the hell worked last night to let you sleep in one of our rooms, because they're an idiot!"

"Look, please, I can pay it. I just don’t have the money ri-" "I'll pay for her room," that voice stopped me cold in my tracks. The voice had an annoyed twinge in it, and some impatience to it. My mate's deep voice.

"Well then," the guy clears his throat, and takes the debit card from my mate's fingers. His arm is brushed against my right arm as he passed it to him. Sparks, electricity, and I don't know what else to describe it, flows through my body, and I have no clue what else to do except to just enjoy the feel of my mate being close to me.

He pulls back, and I turn around to thank him, but as I do. I notice the woman so close to him. His fiancé, the Royal couple's daughter. I didn't realize who she was , until I took a good look at her. She was the girl who planted the idea of how mate-unworthy I am, ever since we were younger, Julia Owens. Her blonde hair is impeccable as usual, and her outfit seems to have come off the recent fashion magazine. Her blue, as the sky, eyes stare at me blankly, but it isn't until she opens her mouth that she lets out her real emotion.

"Wow, Natalia Rosen. You are indeed an annoyance to people's lives these days. I mean, everyone here were just going about their business, and it wasn't until you had to make this poor guy start a commotion due to your stupidity. Really irresponsible of you. No wonder your mate hasn't gone up and taken you for his to claim. It's still true how my words from long ago, still rang true up to this day."

While she says this, my mate is, also, scrutinizing me as if I was a puppy who chewed up all his favorite shoes and important paper work. I look down, studying my wrinkled dress. "Here you go, sir." My mate carefully avoids touching my arm again and takes his card from the guy. I walk away, with a quiet 'thank you,' but before I reach the door. I hear Julia say, "See Mason, people like that in our society, need to be reprimanded for their unjust behavior." I exit through the door, and think about how my mate's name is Mason. Mason. My mate, the one I know for sure I will never be able to call mines.  

~~~~~~~~~~

10 Votes & 200 Reads for Next Chapter

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I know they've been short, but I just want to know which you guys prefer?

Longer chapters-Longer wait

Short chapters-Short wait

-T.J. <3

Vote, Comment, Share, and Fan!