~Chapter 20~

Recap:

After his inspection and making sure I looked up to his standards of being fine, he thumps my forehead. I yelp. "Never do that again, you hear me?" I nod, rubbing the spot. "Now, what's your next plan?" he asks. I look up at his smiling face, but there's an expression in his eyes that I can't shake off. I want you to be careful of the people you trust, the Moon Goddess's words replay in my head. I shake it off right after. Cillian is a person I trust, and I know he won't do anything to hurt me. Though, in the back of my mind, something just felt off.

~~~~~

(Natalia's POV)

I'm sitting on the porch swing, savoring the breeze that the wind gives me on this warm evening. Naomi was taking her nap right now. I can see her in my head laying on her side, and softly snoring. I smile to myself thinking how she looked adorable.

I haven't seen Julia nor Mason since the party. I cringe thinking about that night. Why did I get so drunk up to the point of blackout? I wasn't expecting for me to get that drunk, but then again I just wanted the heat to go away with the coldness of the beer.

Heat. How I hate you with a passion. It's like every female wolves' nightmare. Well.. I guess it was mostly my nightmare. But Goddess, I didn't even realize I had the chance of getting it. You see, one female in every 200 females get in heat, and I was unfortunate enough to get it. I've heard about it before, but I was focusing more on the plan at the party that I barely even thought about what it actually is I was experiencing.

Heat is mostly a deficiency in female wolves, where their bodies increase temperature into discomfort up to the point where it takes over your body and makes you lose control. The heat can only be tamed when the female does the deed with their mate, and gets satiated from it. Then, it disappears for awhile. The worst part after that is it can come out of nowhere. Some females love it, and some don't. As far as I can tell, I despise it.

I put my head in my hands ashamed of what I've done and afraid for the future. How am I supposed to get through these events if my I'm in this predicament with my mate? Why did it have to be me, again? I ask internally, but deep inside I'm also asking the Moon Goddess.

I shake my head and take out my phone, then I see I got a text message from Cillian. I open it up, and once I realize what the message contains, I'm in for a shock. My phone drops from my hand, and I think to myself, "This can't be happening."

She knows.

I stare at my screen blankly. My heart is beating at a rapid pace. What? Even though I don't want to believe it, on the inside I know what he meant. Julia knows. But how much does she know? I think about this for a moment and text Cillian back.

What does she know? How?

I don't get a reply back instantly. I wait awhile, but my patience starts running thin. Moon Goddess make Cillian text me back this instant. I sigh and toss my phone to the side. I try my best to calm myself down, but I can't manage. It's all too difficult. What's going to happen now?

~~~~~

(Julia's POV)

I've been in a drunken stupor for the past few days. My head's ringing, my upset stomach feels like a b*tch, nothing can help me in the state I'm in.

Mason. My one and only love. How could he do this to me? I've done everything in my power to have him be mine. When I finally have it in my hands, the dream is snatched away. All because of what? That little whore is his mate and stole his heart again. I can't let that happen. Not when I went to extreme measures ever since high school to keep him from falling in love with her. I take a swig of wine from the bottle. A few empty bottles surround me, and a few more unopened ones are lined up ready to be consumed.

And that Cillian. He's not my mate. I don't want him to be. I want Mason. Mason is all that I need. I laugh humorlessly.

I'm not going to lose him.

"Miss Julia, would you like anything to eat?" I don't respond. "Miss..." I turn around and throw the bottle at the door, breaking it. "Go away!" The maid immediately shuts the door. I place my head in my hands and bawl my eyes out. I need to learn more. I pick up my phone and find the text with the unknown number and call it. This person better explain to me everything.

~~~~~

(Cillian's POV)

I get a text back immediately from Natalia. Oh, how delightful it is for this princess to be trapped in this predicament. It's all her fault, anyways. She just made it easy for me to carry out my plan.

I don't text anything, in fact, I'm not ever going to respond. It's time for my plan to go into full action, and I don't want any more distractions.

I grab keys from my pocket and open the front door to my uncle's house. As expected, Uncle Hardy is sitting on his recliner watching the football game, since the hardware store is closed Sundays. "Cillian, you finally got here, just in time for the game. Come one now, son, and watch it with your good ol' uncle." He points to the couch beside him, but I just shake my head and walk past, until I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"You can't be like this forever, Cillian. Your parents wouldn't have wanted to see you this way. In fact, your sister called earlier and asked when you're returning. You coming up here all of a sudden..." I didn't want to hear anymore and head up the stairs to the room I've been staying in.

I plop down onto the bed, looking at the ceiling. What does that old man know, anyways? He's not going to stop me from continuing on with my plan. I sit up and come face to face with the only picture I brought with me. A family portrait full of smiling faces. I stare at it intently. It's not that way anymore. Instead of feeling sad, I'm overcome with this burning passion for revenge.

How dare they? They were innocent. They didn't deserve to die like that. I slam the mattress with my fist. Those people who did that to them will get what they deserve. I'll be the one to give them that.

My phone rings. It's her. How I've been waiting for her call. I answer it after the third ring. "Hello?" Her voice sounds much like an angel. My heartbeat becomes irregular. No. I can't become like this. I shouldn't act this way. "Hello? Is anyone there?...You better f*cking explain to me what the hell is going on."

I clear my throat. "Hello, little mate. I'm glad you find my information credible for you to call back." Silence on the other end of the call. I smirk. "You didn't expect it to be me, huh?" I'm met with silence again. Perfect. "Now I want you to listen carefully. If you want to learn more about Mason and Natalia, meet me in the woods by the park at midnight. Don't make me wait." With that, I hung up.

Cyrus makes a sad whimper. I hush him. He's been against me doing ever since he found out about our mate. Apparently, Julia's wolf been trying to contact him, but his loyalty to me is so much greater that he hasn't made an effort to do the same with her. He knows how much I've been through and how much he's lost, too. He just can't with her.

I mentally pat him on the head. He responds back with a nudge to the hand.

Cillian, if this is what you want. I can't stop you. But know that the Moon Goddess is watching. With that, he turns around and walks into the dark depths of my mind, leaving me alone at the moment.

I look at the portrait again, and the people in it have sad eyes. Don't worry, mom, dad, Ciaran. I'm doing this for us. I'll make sure to get vengeance for your deaths. 

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. To be honest, it's all a weird plot, but I just continued on with it. This work is not something I was very proud of. I changed my original intentions so many times because of some opinions, so I can't really be proud of how altered it is. Anyways, as planned, I will try to update every day. Although, I might slip on some days. My main goal is to get this done and over with. I'm OCD, so I don't like to leave business hanging no matter how much I want it to. It just bothers me badly. But I'm not going to upload all because even though I have all the chapters, I don't have all the dialogue and such to publish every day. 

-T.J. <3

Vote, Comment, Share, and Fan!